Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

FighTToTheT (Others)     22 July 2015

Ipc: can posting pics on fb attract any case against me?

Respected members,
    I am fighting this 498a, 506 case for a year now. Charges yet to be framed. I am ready for a long fight. For now, I am thinking about Creating my profile on Facebook and JUST have following things on my profile. 

1. My name
2. Pictures of my wedding (showing me and my wife)
3. Pictures of my wedding (me, wife with ALL my in-laws).
4. Pictures of our Honeymoon
5. Other pictures (places where me/wife visited together - showing good times), and
6. Title: Married to (Name: XX), on XX date.

I will disable all features like Like, Dislike, Comments etc on my profile / pics. Profile will just be read-only. I then plan to send Friend Invites to everyone whom I know, I don't know (but opposite party knows). That's it...

Question: Can doing the above attract any Defamation , Any other legal case , or anything under the sun against me ? 
Note that in my AB / RB, it is mentioned that I will not threaten anyone.

Thank you in advance.

Learning

7 Replies

Agnibha Chatterjee   22 July 2015

Does ur wife live with u?

saravanan s (legal advisor)     22 July 2015

dear fight what do you want to achieve by doing so.

No, we are not living together. She left house and filed 498a. My long term goal: Once acquitted (after few yrs ?), I want to share my 498a exp with the world via blog with my name. The world will know my name but people can then identify who my wife and in-laws were with what I am planning to do now (plan stated above).

Please let me know whether doing the above (creating profile on FB etc as stated above) can attract any Defamation , Any other legal case , or anything under the sun against me ?

DR. DIMPLE JINDAL (ADV.) (Advocate)     22 July 2015

As this is a matter of personal liberty, after your acquittal, you should not describe any personal life on the social media post. Your wife's personal life will be not your personal at that time. 

But if you want to share your experience with others, then make a story with amended character names and show it whereever you want. Mostly people do like this. Even many bollywood pictures are inspired by personal experiences of people.

Need answers to the Original question please !

Thanks in advance.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     22 July 2015

U R already fighting two dreaded sections of crpc, try to come out of them.Why do U intend to invite further trouble and turbulance in UR life by all such things.

sai narayana   23 July 2015

Dear brother,

I am also victim of the same and my case is at counselling stage and ready to become FIR. coincidentally, i too thinking on similar lines of what you wants to do like creating facebook profile with uploading and describing how we are good before 498A and how we are now after 498A so that her parents who are the real culprit/conspirer behind these should be exposed to the public.

Your idea is same as mine but i don't want to disable comments section. Replying/reading to different types of comments will make us well prepared for future cross questioning in court.

I am novice in this, so don't follow my suggestions blindly. Try to follow what the experts here say. If you are succeded in creating facebook profile, please share the link with us/me.

I wish you good luck.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register