LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aws learning   31 January 2021

ipc 338 accident case

I was charged with IPC 338 in an accident case and I am worried if I will be sent to jail upon conviction

The other party is not ready to settle the case outside of court and want to proceed legally

now the case is in court and my first appearance date is coming soon

how long does these cases take to convey judgement

please help me

Learning

2 Replies

175B083 Mahesh P S   01 February 2021

Hello,

Indian Penal Code (IPC) S. 338. Causing grievous hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others.

338. Causing grievous hurt by act endangering life or personal safety of others.—Whoever causes grievous hurt to any person by doing any act so rashly or negligently as to endanger human life, or the personal safety of others, shall be punished with imprisonment of either descripttion for a term which may extend to two years, or with fine which may extend to one thousand rupees, or with both.

More details about this Section

Cognizable or not?

Cognizable

Whether Bailable?

Bailable

Compoundable or not?

Compoundable with permission of court by the person to whom hurt is caused

Triable by whom?

Any Magistrate

You should hire an advocate soon and try getting bail as its a bailable offence. The duration of the case will be based on many factors, hence it cant be predicted beforehand.

Thank you

Thank you

aws learning   01 February 2021

Should I plea guilty or should I contest the case ? Will I be sent to jail if prosecution proves the case ? please reply I am so worried

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register