Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NADEEM (HR Executive)     24 September 2014

Ipc 1860 u/s 279 & 337

 I was riding my bike wrong side on the oneway and met with an accident , we were moving slowly and another party coming from right direction and hit our bike suddenly  we fell down, police officer launched a FIR against me u/s 337 & 279. in the accident opposite party lost half of its fifth finger in hand.  

1) How can I resolve the matter in court? 

2) i have all the documents of bike & DL, Can i get the compensation amount for opposite party from my insurance company?



 5 Replies

Anand Bali Adv. (Advocate Solicitor & Consultant)     24 September 2014

Dear Friend,

In this case insurance company will not give third party claim as it it because of the driver's negligent efforts which led to endanger the life of other with the rash driving on public way, here one another section should have applicable in case where opposite party has lost one of his finger that is Sec 338 and not 337.

These all sections are compoundable with the permission of court So it is advisable to come in to compromise with the other party with a out of court settlement and try to get no imprisonment  but only fine in the case by not contesting the case and simply plead guilty with a request of minimum punishment pleading the grounds of first Offence, age of offender, social and economic condition of the culprit etc.

NADEEM (HR Executive)     24 September 2014

no one can save me from this compensation and Imprisonment !!!

please revert!!!


Anand Bali Adv. (Advocate Solicitor & Consultant)     25 September 2014

Anand Bali Adv. (Advocate Solicitor & Consultant)     25 September 2014

Please see one PM and a message on your Mobile is sent with reference to your phone call yesterday.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 September 2014

You contact a local lawyer and pay find and get out of the criminal case, for claim case, the insurance company will take care of it if the insurance is inforce.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query