LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dhirendra Chand   24 July 2020

Intt. charged by builder and some facilities not provided yet

Query 1- Can I approach the RERA authority for not providing facilities like gym, park which were promised in the prospectus? Though the flat is ready and the builder has offered the possession this month (Jul 2020). Query 2- The flat is under Haryana affordable housing policy 2014 and should have been completed within 2018 as per the scheme. I booked the flat last year and got the offer for possession in Jul-2020. There was delay in payment of some 3 months on account of terms of BBA, now the builder is charging me a hefty interest at the rate of 15% p.a. Can I challenge this before RERA? Please help.

Learning

3 Replies

Sourav Das (Advocate Supreme Court of India)     24 July 2020

1st issue legal notice through advocate, then complaint before consumer forum for deficiency of services. Generally these kind of matters are settled amicably after issuing legal notice itself. Do not worry.

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     24 July 2020

1. Builder, under provisions of RERA is entitled to recover Interest for delayed payments received by him. Such interest should have be reflected in the agreement executed between buyer party and builder.

2.  For other grievances, you have an positive option to file a grievance petition against the Builder /Developer, in the local Consumer Court, for their illegal trade practice, negligence, deficiency, harassment, intimidation, cheating etc.... with proper documentary evidences and you can claim damages /compensation & interest on your investment, and for your physical & mental trauma.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

(Guest)
Yes for both queries.
Builder can be held liable under RERA Act for not providing adequate service as promised in the prospectus. You can file for delay in possession as well and ask for the same interest as they are charging you. they will bring down the interest amount nd you ll get interest @ SBI MCLR +2%.

for more guidance let me see the prospectus and other communications you have with the builder @ mishrasatyam6804@gmail.com

Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register