Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prasanth   01 July 2020

Insurance claim

Hi Team,

I have taken policy with Max Bupa about 5 years back, every year i pay premium of about 50000 Rs, they said they would cover my Parent's even though they have diabetes, last year my dad got hospitalized and now they are confirming that he is diabetic from past 20 years this is not declared but i confirmed when i took the policy and now when it came to claim money they are speaking all this clause. I happen to speak with IRDA not getting any help from them as well.

Regards

Prasanth

Learning

5 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     01 July 2020

Have you incorporated in a specific column in the application form for taking policy about the chronic diabetes, if so apply for a copy of the policy, and get such certified copy and go for the online complaint to IRDA.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     01 July 2020

What "they said" do no count. What it matters are the terms incorporated in the insurance policy.

1 Like

Sunayana Chhabra   04 July 2020

Had you disclosed it in the form filled by you. if yes, file consumer complaint. Feel free to contact at sunayana122@gmail.com for further assistance.
1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     04 July 2020

Move to consumer fora of jurisdiction with your complaint / claim. The Insurer do find such frivolous conditions in the policy which do not hold any ground.

Prasanth   06 July 2020

Thank you Sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register