LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ram KUMAR   17 February 2021

Inquery about a case

Dear lawyers, A Constructed GF+FF House is on my mother's name (LAND too)  and she died recently (she didn't wrote any WILL) and Out of 3 legal heirs, my self and my elder brother wanted to rent out the house and keep the rental income within ourselves (as the Ground floor has been extended by me and First floor has been constructed by my elder Brother). Now, my sister (as a 3rd heir) sent a Legal notice claiming a share (1/3 rd) from the rental income. we are ready to give her (1/3 rd) share, at the time of selling this property but not on the rental income. pls advise, how to reply the notice and if she file a case aganist us, what will be the outcome?

Learning

4 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     17 February 2021

1. Sister, being a legal heir, is entitled to 1/3rd Share in the Property as well as any Income that may be generated from the Property.  There is no exception to this and sisters right CANNOT be stopped or curtailed.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT:  www.chshelpforum.com

Ram KUMAR   17 February 2021

thanks Mr.Hemant ,

what about the cost incurred by myself in the construction of GF and FF by my brother. is that will be shared as 1/3 rd with my sister.

H.JanakiManohar Rao (lawyer)     18 February 2021

You have no right to deny her 1/3 right in building income as your mother died intestate.Her share of rent shall be paid from the date of your mother's demise.

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     18 February 2021

Originally posted by : Ram KUMAR
thanks Mr.Hemant ,

what about the cost incurred by myself in the construction of GF and FF by my brother. is that will be shared as 1/3 rd with my sister.

1. Legal Heir rights are covered under parameters of Hindu Succession Act, which CANNOT be denied /refused under any circumstances.

2. Expenditure on construction may be recovered from Sister, thru demand notice or thru civil court proceedings.

3. Both above are separate legal proceedings and CANNOT be mixed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register