LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sourabh   01 September 2017

inlaws threatening for dowry case

hello respected members, i sourabh have filed a case against my wife parul in family court for annulment of marriage as she was already married to some other person and changed her religion to muslim for that previous marriage. then she divorced to him and got married with me. but the total previous marriage information was concealed from me by her family members. now when she got the notice of that family case to appear, they are threatening to me and my family that take your case back or we will file the cases against you. like case for dowry, harassment, domestic violence. we are afraid for that.. please suggest what should we do.. thank you so much for yiu advice..

Learning

17 Replies

kunal “#unconventional #Aquari   01 September 2017

sir..wt u hv done is wholly legal.ur wife did not mention that she was already married at time of ur marriage so obviously she can be charged with offense of bigamy...parallel proceedings can b instituted against ur wife n her family u/ Section 493 ipc n also sec 11 hindu marriage act

on second issue...u can file a case of criminal intimidation u/506 ipc n lodge FIR u/154 crpc at nearest police station. if it persists pl approach a judicial magistrate 4 seeking a restraining order against ur wife n her family
2 Like

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     01 September 2017

Have you already filed case for annulment of your marriage? If yes, then you have already taken a step in right direction. Petition filed by you is required to be examined along with reply if any filed by your wife. Report the matter to police of threat etc as given by your wife and your in laws. You can also file case for injunction against your wife and in laws from visiting your house. Donot worry there are ways to protect yourself and your family. Sidharth 9811776422
1 Like

Sourabh   01 September 2017

Originally posted by : Sidharth Srivastav
Have you already filed case for annulment of your marriage? If yes, then you have already taken a step in right direction. Petition filed by you is required to be examined along with reply if any filed by your wife. Report the matter to police of threat etc as given by your wife and your in laws. You can also file case for injunction against your wife and in laws from visiting your house. Donot worry there are ways to protect yourself and your family. Sidharth 9811776422

Thank You for your valuable advice....

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     02 September 2017

I agree with experts, well advised.

You have stated to have already filed a case of annulment of marriage through "some" lawyer, you (should) rather must have faith in him/her since s/he is fully aware about the facts and circumstances of the case, intellegent enough to handle any eventuality, most capable and competant to sail you through any of the situation. Discuss and sort out any/all problems.

Experts on this platform doing FREE "SOCIAL SERVICE" shall form an opinion and advise you on the basis of information provided by you, which are always incompelete and inadequate to guide you properly, please keep in mind.

Sourabh   02 September 2017

sir actually my lawyer is out of town and i m not able to contact with him. he will come back after 20-25 days. and i m afraid after the threat, just because of this i asked from all you experts. so please help if you can. thankyou...

sir actually my lawyer is out of town and i m not able to contact with him. he will come back after 20-25 days. and i m afraid after the threat, just because of this i asked from all you experts. so please help if you can. thankyou...

kunal “#unconventional #Aquari   02 September 2017

ur wife n hwr family cant so anything 2 u sir....
already explained y
pl seee my comment

thank you

kunal “#unconventional #Aquari   02 September 2017

most welcome sir....

R Trivedi (advocate.dma@gmail.com)     02 September 2017

Bigamy case as suggested by someone is not made out as she was a divorcee when she married you. Which law says that a girl or boy must tell the other side about previous marriage? None. So your case of annulment is on weak footing at least on this ground. You can seek divorce on the grounds that she is converted muslim and it was not told to you at the time of marriage, on the other hand if she files counter blast cases like DV or 498, then you have to face them. But do not worry SC latest guideline will ensure fair hearing by a committee before any harsh action can be taken against you or your family, you can bring to committee notice that she is a muslim, married earlier etc..

Sourabh   03 September 2017

but some members told me that on the grounds of earlier marriage not disclose you can file the case for annulment.. just i wnted to know that the annulment can be granted on the basis of fraud.. so what will be other big fraud than this that they had hide the past of that girl...

but some members told me that on the grounds of earlier marriage not disclose you can file the case for annulment.. just i wnted to know that the annulment can be granted on the basis of fraud.. so what will be other big fraud than this that they had hide the past of that girl...

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     03 September 2017

You can file a Petition of annulment on the ground of fraud/ misrepresentation. 

respected radhika madam as mr R Trivedi said that my case on this ground is weak, as she was not required to inform about her previous marriage. is it correct. thank you for your advice

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register