Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NARESH . K . WADHIA (MAINTENANCE ENGINEER )     08 April 2020

Inhuman conditions

Dear Sir,

A hotel has come up adjacent to the premises of our building. The hotel has a centralised airconditioning system for its rooms and premises. A cooling tower for this system is installed at the ground level of the hotel building at its rear portion. My flat is also on the rear side of my building and is on 5th floor. Unfortunately my bedroom and hall are on the rear side and just above in the path of the blast of hot air from the cooling tower. Earlier before the hotel came into existence we were comfortable in our rooms but after the cooling tower came in operation it is unbearable to stay in the rooms. Even airconditioners are not suitable in such an environment as the surrounding temperature itself is very high. The municipality of our area has not been of any help as they support the hotel. 

Also the fans of the cooling tower run continuously, throughout the day and night and the noise from these fans is unbearable. 

Please suggest as to how this issue can be overcome . Even in the nights we are not able to sleep comfortably nor my children are able to concentrate on their studies because of the abnormal sound levels and temperatures. 

Awaiting for a positive reply from your end at the earliest. 

REGARDS 
NARESH WADHIA                                                                                                                                                                                Mobile : +91 9323781627                                                                                                                                                                      Email: naresh.1964@rediffmail.com

Learning

3 Replies

advharminderdhankhar   08 April 2020

sir u can move application before the court for ure right with petition of nuisance

N. Sivaprakash, Chennai 984099 (Advocate)     08 April 2020

Besides the above advice you can also move the National Green Tribunal for your relieves.

P. Venu (Advocate)     11 April 2020

Had you taken up the issue with the Hotel and/or the Local Authorities? What is their response?

In my understanding, thebest remedy is in approaching the RDO/SDO.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register