Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravindra K. Banthia (None)     03 April 2010

Increment in Monthly Rent for renewal of 11 month Lease

Dear Sir,

Is there any ceiling/guideline with regard to increment in monthly rent, on extension of a 11 month Residential Lease ?

Often, the notice period specified in a 11 month lease deed,  is 1 month. Can that period be of another duration, mutually agreed upon by the Lessor & Lessee ?

Is there such a thing as a lock-in period with regard to a residential  lease deed ?

Learning

4 Replies

Rakesh Shekhawat (Advocate)     03 April 2010

Dear

The Registration Act 1902 contains the provisions related to registration of documents. The registration of any document needs to be done as per these statutory requirements. The statute has provisions relating to registration of all property documents. It specifies the documents that are compulsorily registrable and those that are not compulsorily registrable. Lease deed for less than one year need not to be register. That's why generally to avoid registration of lees/rent deed its duration remain less than one year. There is no such lock-in period with regard to a residential lease deed.  As far as ceiling/guideline with regard to increment in monthly rent, you have to gone through local rent control act. I.e. in The state of Rajasthan increment in rent can't be more than 5% per year.

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     04 April 2010

no it is not there.

Ravindra K. Banthia (None)     04 April 2010

Thank you, Rakesh ji.

sonia (projects)     23 April 2010

Hi,

I have given a property to a Nationalized bank. The lease deed was not executed since past 8 years and we have not got increase in rent nor the arrears. we have been following up with the bank since a long time and now we have been told that we need to give them a notice thru the court to get the arrears

I want to get the right guidance on this please

Regards

Geetika

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register