LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harsha (engineer)     31 August 2021

Incorrect age in petition, affidavit

Learned Advocates, I would like to request your valuable suggestions in the below matter.

My wife had filed a dva case against me and my family in court. The case is posted for final orders, honourable court suggested to file Annexure 1 in this case.

Both parties filed the annexure 1. However, the respondent found that Petitioner has given incorrect information regarding her age in petition, affidavit and in annexure 1. Her age is 36 as on the date annexure 1 was submitted, however she has filed affidavit that her age is 32. I am having copy of her 10th marks card to prove her date of birth.

My question whether is giving incorrect information regarding age in petition, affidavit, annexure 1 amounts to cheating. I m planning to submit my objections with reference to the annxure 1 as directed by the honorable judge.

Apart from this what else can I do, what could be the consequences of the providing incorrect information to court.

Thank you

Harsha

Learning

4 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     01 September 2021

It is a trivial (not a vital) issue for scratching your head

Shashi Dhara   01 September 2021

They can file an amendment petition so it is not big issue ,if she is ready to divorce ,divorce her.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     01 September 2021

yes. It is trivial issue

P. Venu (Advocate)     01 September 2021

Yes, the defect is not substantial. Obsession with trivial issues would only sidetrack the main issue.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register