LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramesh   11 April 2024

Income Certificate

I was 17 years old when i got myself an Income Certificate issued in my Name from Tehsil , Through E District Portal.

Certificate is Genuine but in this my single parent has been mentioned as Housewife but she is a Government Employee.

I used that Certificate for Obtaining scholarship.

Goverment in the preceding year had in a GO said that "All Income Certificates should be issued in Family's Name & Income of a widow or destitute woman shall not be included"

Can FIR if happened in future can be Quashed on this Ground that why they mentioned Mother's Income when GO clearly stated not to include Widow Family Members Income. ?

Now i am in 20s i am preparing for Government Job but i am very much Scared.

If anyone complained about this ,Will i face dismissal from Government job ?
And Will the IPC 467 is applicable here if the certificate is issued from Genuine Authority ?
I was a Juvenile too ,but i used that Certificate throughout my course of 3 years.
But the date of Certificate when issued i was Juvenile.


 3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     11 April 2024

The income certificate issued by the authority concerned i s valid for one year only.

For further issues you may have to provide fresh certificates hence the income certificate what was furnished earlier has no validity now.

Just ignore your fears.

Ramesh   13 April 2024

Can i return the amount through DM to the Government & Surender the Certificates without Facing Prosecution ?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     14 April 2024

If you return the amount and surrender the certificate to the DM then only you will be found guilty of the offence and prosecuted for the offences  and would be convicted accordingly by court of law.

Better remain silent instead of reopening the closed matter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register