LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Subrata Banerjee (CEO)     01 January 2010

Illegal filling of Waterbody and felling of Trees

A developer has filled a waterbody and cleared a forest without proper sanction and steps for mitigation of the enviornment which is documented.Public bodies are turning a blind eye and the perpetrators are roaming scot free.What action are to be contemplated and who are to held culpable in addition to the obvious perpetrators?


 2 Replies

H.D.Kumaravelu (Advocate)     01 January 2010

First ascertain that the water body and the forest exist in the government records by moving an applicaion for the copy of the records under the Information Act to the respective Public information officer. Under the said application also get the details of the person to whom the complaint should be lodged. Then lodge a complaint against the said developer, the names of the person who are assisiting the developer to the respective officer as stated under the information furnished to you. Get an acknowledgement in the copy of the complaint you are giving from the concerned department. In case no action is taken within a week of the receipt of the compaint, move the High court within your jurisdiction and file a writ. Your sincere step will definelty be resolved by approprite directions by the High court.

After getting all documentary evidence first lodge a complaint with District Collector, Principal Secretary to Government, Forest Department, State Minister for Forest, Chief Minister. If they don't any action file a case in the court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query