LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jitendra yadav (ADVOCATE)     13 June 2012

Illegal custody

Sir / Madam,

                   if any person is arrested by the police but arrest is not shown by the police evenafter lapse of  24hours without producing a person before Court and Accused is in police custody THEN question is what procedure one has to adopt to prove the illegal custody and to prevent the person from illegal custody and action against police? kindly reply......


 4 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     13 June 2012

You can file a complaint before the human rights commission and also writ in the high court

jitendra yadav (ADVOCATE)     13 June 2012

THANX  for the valuable reply but Sir how to show illegal custody as there will be no proof about such arrest. 

A.V.Pattanashetti. (Advocate)     14 June 2012

You please file pc and take search warrant 09448035651

prashant_raman (private)     15 June 2012

hello Pattanashetti,

can you please explain what is pc.

I know one case where illegal arrest happened, i think sufferer can use RTI to know whether there are records of arrest in police police diary and crpc under which arrest took place...

if through RTI, police replies that no arrest of the person was made and if your opponents are claming in written that you were arrested then he can approach the court.

Seniors, please advise will this work?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register