LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SHABNAM ARA (housewife)     25 October 2012

Iillegally blocking lien amount from joint saving a/c

This is to bring into your notice that I along with my husband are joint account holder in respect of account no. 003401052383 , with ballygunge kolkatathat yesterday I noticed that an amount of about rs 38500/- Is blocked in our account, 
when I made call to icicibank customer care the customer care executive told me that due to lein amount of my husband credit card,my amount has been blocked in my account, when repeated inquiry I learned that the amount was blocked on account of credit card due in the name of my husband individual name
pl note that we do not holds credit card save and except the instant credit card issued to us against fd made with icicibank, and no overdue is pending in this card, and this credit card is in use,moreover if supposed any amount is overdue for the individual name of my husband, then he is solely responsible and liable of such payment I am not responsible for any individual dues and act of my husband, as no any credit card is linked with this account nor I or my joint account holder has ever applied for credit card based upon this account,and if any credit card is taken by my husband I was not in 
picture or aware of such, so I can not be compelled to make payment on account of the credit card of my 
husband, moreover I have not authorized icicibank to deduct such individual liabilities of my husband from my account,
please further note that I have migrated to kolkata after my marriage about 7 years back and at the relevant point of time of opening the account I was not having any proper residential proof which is necessary to open a saving account so I have opened this account jointly with my husband,and more importantly you have to blocked the amount 
without verifying that if there is any due on account of any credit card of my husband, but in spite of it if suppose there is any dues on account of my husband individually icicibank can not compelled other to make such payment, since this account is mostly operate by me for the daily needs of my children and household.
I intends to know that if none of the joint holder has taken any credit card on the basis of this saving account from the bank,and/Or also no credit card to either joint account holder is linked with this saving account, moreover can a joint holder is forced to pay the liabilities and/Or dues, taken by the another joint account holder from the icicibank under his individual capacity?
that above illegal, arbitrary, one sided and unjust decision and activities of the icicibank is total violation of the 
directives issued by the reserve bank in relation to banking or other services,non-observance of reserve bank 
directives on interest rates;levying of charges without adequate prior notice to the customer;without giving ample 
hearing to the customer and one sided, against law of natural justice and equity,
in the above fact and circumstances, untill and unless appropriate step is taken to unblock the fund illegally blocked by icicibank there shall be abuse of process of law and natural justice and in such event I am determined to fight till end if I get your support and shall be contained to initiate multiple proceeding to frame a rule by the court of law so that icicibank shall not forcibly illegally harass innocent customers,and people may not lost faith upon the rule of law and initution of justice as the icicibank authorities are behaving and believing as the LD court of law within themselves and do not have regards for the law of land.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register