LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MadhuGunavathy (others)     17 September 2022

If 2 times judge put ex-party can have chance to cancel the ex-party


My wife filed divorce case in one sub Court and first hearing i appeared.

At the time of second hearing due to splitting new jurisdiction  the case is transferred to another sub court.

My lawyer advised  me after received the summon from new court,
then only appear in hearing. 

i didn't received summon and so that i not present any hearing till 1 year.

But the judge put Ex-Party on 21-07-2022.

So i have filed Set A Side on next hearing 30-08-2022.

So the judge put changed the status as further proceedings instead Ex-Party.

Again my lawyer said me we are filed Set a Side . So no need my present in court. so i didn't appear.

But in next hearing (16-Sep-2022) judge again put Ex-Party.

I asking my lawyer , she said me " this no issues we are missed the IA number and we update and cancel the Ex-Party on next hearing on 03-11-2022.

I have more confusion , what happen in this case . 

Can we cancel the second time Ex-Party ?

I request please can give your clear clarification.



 1 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     18 September 2022

It is better to change your lawyer, who is prima faice and presumably misguiding you.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register