LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Monali Makwana   02 July 2019

I want to Saperate from my parents legally

How could I Saperate from my parents legally what is the procedure?


 8 Replies


Gentleman, Could you please mention the reasons for the Divine act you intend to do?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     02 July 2019

If you have the independent and individual income you can start living separately from your family and in case if any relatives disturb you, make a complaint and get bind over in the police station for not creating a nuisance and disturbing your peace of mind and unnecessary interference in life.  But in India, you must have relatives and friends to protect you in case of difficulties, and in a society, it is very difficult to live independently.

Monali Makwana   02 July 2019

I am 22 years old and and my individual income start cause of some personal issue I want to Saperate from my parents

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     02 July 2019

Monali ji, as you are a major, it is your will to live separately without parents.  no can stop you.  But as a Senior Citizen my opinion is it is not correct.  Now a days one's support is necessary to your parents and at the same time you require their support also.  See if your father is a senior citizen and if he complains against you for leaving them, you will be punished to neglect senior citizen parents. As a young girl please support your parents with love and affection. You enjoy that fruit juice and your parents also that juice of fruit.

Monali Makwana   02 July 2019

What is legally procedure??

P. Venu (Advocate)     02 July 2019

As a major and an adult, you can live independently on your own. There is no procedure involved. However if you. have some thing else in mind, please post the real problem, if any

Shashi Dhara   02 July 2019

If u have any ancestral property take partition and divide it.if not then simply go out of Ur house and rent a room and say I have separated and independent in future documents.with separate ration card change adhar card address.

TGK REDDI   02 July 2019

I appreciate the Questioner because he wants to rid himself of his parents. Parents become devils of highest degree as the their sons and daughters grow more and more in age. Maintenance can't, however, be denied however capricious they are.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query