LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nalini Mehra (student)     08 August 2014

I want divorce but my husband posted my photo on internet

Respected sirs & madams, I want divorce from my husband & I filed it in family court. I have also filed 498a & DV also. My husband has last week made a facebook account and has put many of our photo's together in happy times. He has made many such blogs. Name of that site is ilove(wife)(name).facebook.com. Photos are not defamatory but whenever anyone searches me on ineternet then that page opens up. My friends have started asking me questions who earlier did not knew about my marital status.

I am in a state of mental trauma due to all this. Where should I complain about this ?

Learning

24 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     08 August 2014

not understood what do you mean.

BAKBABU (advocate)     08 August 2014

File a separate case under cyber laws against your husband

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     08 August 2014

Complain in the cyber cell of your area , your police station will provide you the address of your cyber cell .

Pramod Kumar Nigam (Advocate)     08 August 2014

These things will not affect the divorce case.Case will run on its own course and if there  are no nudity,obsene scenes  in the photos then there is no use of filing case under cyber crime.

NUT (Programmer)     08 August 2014

I was thinking why to think about your husband and his actions , after filing everything in the world on him . May be he really like you still or may be he is doing time pass . Only you know the truth :)

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     09 August 2014

basically no case.

given facts indicate that your husband has prevented you from hiding marital status from society.

P.S.Muthukumar (Advocate)     09 August 2014

I agree with sudhir Kumar. Also he has right to convince his wife to avoid divorce.

Nalini Mehra (student)     09 August 2014

Thank you sir, none of the photos are derogatory or defamatory.

At the end he has written updesh like, "We are Indians & we love our husband wives & it seems very good to see the whole world praising the Indian Culture. However, there are some Indin families which get some differences between spouses & they file cases on each other. People do also file 498a cases & many married men commit suicide, but still there are many strong will people in this world who love each other despite differences & interferences created in between them due to their friends , family & others. 498a & DV in such situations become a menace for breaking the families."

"When a 498a gets filed, then people say that families are broken apart but still the husband & wife know very well & feel like uniting but YEH ZAALIM SAMAAJ unhe fir milne nahi deta."

He then writes,

"I don't blame a woman or a man to be lying or filing false cases but for the benefit of the family culture unity must be praised from the god."

Can I file Cyber Crime case against him as I have filed DV, 498A, Divorce ?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     09 August 2014

earier you said

"Photos are not defamatory but whenever anyone searches me on ineternet then that page opens up. My friends have started asking me questions who earlier did not knew about my marital status."

still you say

"none of the photos are derogatory or defamatory."

so what crime is made up?

1 Like

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     09 August 2014

what legal relief you want by posting your threads in parts all are confusing , after reading your post it seems you are guilty you had filed false cases upon him , read once your thread in such a manner you had posted you will get the solution .

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     09 August 2014

If you want divorce then why he is uploading your photo in the inter net , what he want to prove , if he loves you to much and wants to show whole World it means he tries himself not guilty , ask him if you all are right it means i have done marriage only to file cases upon you , when your case is subjudice then such activities which your husband is doing is come under offence , it is an emotional offence and a part of dv act , he wants to attracts sympathy of your friends and relatives and proves you and your family guilty .

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     09 August 2014

You can file whatever you can. But ultimately you will get a big ZERO (If you have filed a false 498A for just getting divorce)

:P

Nalini Mehra (student)     09 August 2014

@laxmi kant sir, thanks, you wrote, "when your case is subjudice then such activities which your husband is doing is come under offence , it is an emotional offence and a part of dv act , he wants to attracts sympathy of your friends and relatives and proves you and your family guilty . "

Exactly this I want to know because my lawyer is telling me that it does not come under cyber crime. But laxmi kant sir is telling that it at least comes under DV Act. Does it come under Emotional Atyachar on Wife or what section of DV Act. How can I get my husband arrested or penalised for doing this act. I am in deep mental trauma due to this.

@rocky sir, I sympathize with you & all those who file false cases but since matter is subjudice hence kindly restrict to answering my query only please in case you have knowledge of any sections of DV or any sections of Cyber Crime under which I can file case on my husband for all this emotional atyachar on me.

@ all experts, thanks for answering but i am still looking for right section under right act. Besides DV & Cyber Crime, if it comes within the purview of any anti-stalking laws made after nirbhaya kaand then also pls tell me the sections etc in detail so after that I can tell my lawyer to proceed accordingly.

Nalini Mehra (student)     10 August 2014

Thanks noname_123 brother, i can understand your pain but my case might be genuine. I don't want to divulge into those lectures pls. Anyone, pls advise me sections under whichmy husband can be booked under cyber law or under dv for all this emotional atyachar. I will be highly thankful to you as I am in a state of mental trauma & crying right now due to this act o my husband due to which my friends, family, relatives are questioning me & raising fingers. Sme genuine advise related to sections applicable under dv/cyber only pls. Thanks.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register