LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kiran   18 June 2018

I want a marrie a girl bt is her surname is same as my surn

i want to marry a girl ,bt she said both of our surnames are same . she told that if u marry me all wil talk abt us ,that they are actully brother and sister...is it ryt ,  ryt? pls let me know abt this ..i dnt want to loose her  caused by our surname prblm.....

Learning

10 Replies

Raghav Arora   18 June 2018

Hi Kiran! Please do not be discouraged by that illogical statement. There are uncountable people marrying with same surnames. No one has a say or can talk about you people that way, and even of they do, you should not be concerned. It is just a social stigma and a poor mindset that you should not worry about! Good Luck! 

1 Like

TGK REDDI   18 June 2018

That depends upon your custom.      It's prohibited among Andhras.      I can't say Andhras are superior simply on account of this.

Follow law but not blind sentiments. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 June 2018

IN some states communities/Khaps object for marriage in same Gotra...e.g. Haryana.....

Otherwise if you are not brother and sister you should be able to get married...

Raghav Arora   18 June 2018

You just have to be above 21 years of age and your wife to be, above 18 years of age. If you are afraid of the customs, then tackling that would be best kniw to you.
2 Like

kiran   18 June 2018

tq 

kiran   18 June 2018

bt she is nt related to my community and caste is it wrong ?

TGK REDDI   18 June 2018

Advocate Lolita

Madam

No.   Madam.     I'm not mistaken.      Marriage between male and female of the same surname is prohibited among us.      I don't say this custom is good or bad.      I'm not proud of this custom either.

TGK REDDI   18 June 2018

My name is TIPPIREDDI GOPALA KRISHNA REDDI.     I think TIPPIREDDI is my surname and REDDI is my caste.       According to our custom, I should marry only in REDDI but not in TIPPIREDDI.

I think I'm now clearer to Miss ( Mrs? ) Lolita. 

If you are not related then you should be able to marry as per provisions of personal law that applies in your case e.g; Hindu that lays down marriageable age for boy and girl..

A boy from sirname say; Gupta can marry a girl from sirname Gupta..

The community elders and LOCAL counsels well versed with customs of your community/caste/sub-caste can guide you further..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register