LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjay jacob mathews   27 September 2022

I paid for a service and the company hasn't yet provided me the service

Hi I paid rs 85000 for an international internship from a Mumbai based company about 3 years back. Previously i joined their local internship course for rs 16000 and it seemed legit as i did attend their classes at their Bangalore branch which is currently closed. Later they approached me and told me about this international internship program for 3 months and I paid for that as well. Then Covid struck and all international flights were cancelled so their reasons were valid for postponing but even after 2 years they started ignoring my emails and i called them also several times to no avail. I am wondering whether i can file an FIR against the company and especially their founder as it's been 3 years and yet they haven't provided me nor called to inform me about the status of the internship. Please help me regarding this query?


 2 Replies

Sourav Das (Advocate Supreme Court of India)     28 September 2022

Dear client,


1st issue legal notice through advocate, stating your greviences and remedies. Then complaint before consumer forum, or file suit for recovery of money.

You may also register FIR  for cheating.


Call or mail me for assistance. 

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     28 September 2022

You can't initiate proceedings before Consumer Commission due to barred by had to file complaint within two years of  making payment however you can initiate criminal proceedings against officials of company.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query