Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shaily pandey   24 October 2017

I am in search of a legal job, graduated from University of Delhi this year itself.

I am a graduate from University of Delhi 2017 batch. I am looking forward to work with a lawyer. My main aim is to learn by working in the field. kindly respond

Learning

4 Replies

Dr. Atul [9013898936] (Lawyer, Scholar)     24 October 2017

Nice to hear a fresher interested in litigation (CLC?). I'd suggest you visit Trial Courts and High Court on your own till you find an appropriate senior (maybe State Consumer Commission and National Commission too once in a while). While you go to the Courts and observe the proceedings, keep a look out on the notice board of the respective Bar Associations (Bar Associations, not the Bar Council); lawyers regularly put up notices requiring juniors. Another suggestion would be to avoid seniors mainly into matrimonial disputes; that appears tempting to juniors but it'd be way too early to start you litigation career focussed on matrimonial. There'll be time enough for it later if you choose to. But for a completely new entrant into the profession, there's too much negativity and sharp practices in matrimonial litigation, which often leaves an indelible mark on the fresh minds. Also, directly joining a designated Senior Advocate would be a bad idea beacause you'll just end up being a 'date lawyer' who merely seeks passovers and adjournments on behalf of senior and never gets a taste of real practice himself (a designated Senior Advocate is one who's actually addressed as a Senior Advocate under the Advocates Act and designated so by a High Court), as against the word, senior used for a lawyer who's senior to you by virtue of his experience at Bar but is not designated so). Just a suggestion.  All the best for your career. 

Thank you so much. I'll keep all that in mind. And I've 🐝 meaning to visit courts, thus evening only o downloaded the cause list. Anyway you really gave me some useful insights. Thanks again.
1 Like

And yes I'm from clc 😃

Oh, I did not notice the bee emoji, I meant been, this autocorrect

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More