Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

husband denying marriage

we both are divorcee and having a son.
no ceremonies are performed.
he tortured me badly. so filed 498A/406.323/341 against her family and him.
in FIR my lawyers mentioned about ceremonies like barat,lagan sagai etc. my lawyer mentioned 5 lakh expense in barat .but no barat came.
now SHO asking wedding proof and wedding card.I have only photos of wearing simple dress and exchanging Garland .
what to do please guide me..

how can I prove marriage

Proof of marriage can be by getting certificate from the priest who performed the marriage ceremonies, or certificate from the temple where marriage ceremonies performed, marriage certificate of marriage registeration from the registerar of marriages, photographs or vedios of marriage ceremonies, duly signed and attested by the notary public or magistrate class 1,  Affidavits from two or more persons who witnessed the marriage ceremonies. All these are good evidence to show and prove marriage in the court.

Wedding card can be used but that by itself cannot be proof of marriage ceremonies if those are being challenged.

Wedding card can be got printed otherwise anytime even if no marriage ceremonies ever performed and will not be proof of marriage ceremonies.

Total likes : 2 times




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x