IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mariam Taweel (not applicable)     07 March 2023

Husband and in laws deserted wife and baby

Hello respected members, 

I want some urgent advice please. I had my nikah in 2021 and my in laws never did the ruksati/bidai as it was stalled every time. 

My husband would come and stay at my parents home with me and my parents took me and my husband on holiday to Dubai and my parents also managed all my expenses.

I became pregnant and my husband and in laws still didnt do my ruksati/bidai and I am now still with my parents with my baby. 

During this time, my in laws would insult me via messaging/calls and when I went to my husbands home, they would also insult me and make me feel unwanted. My husband would not fulfil any of my needs, but fulfil all the needs of his female cousin and sister in laws and their children. Whenever i tried to address these things with my husband he would avoid the matters. He would tell me how his cousin's wives and partners would fulfil their financial needs.

My husband has now gone to a country in Africa to work and has stopped all contact with me since last 1 month. We have tried contacting him many times, including a number he gave for his colleague and his manager, but no luck. We have also contacted his family on many occasions, but they just say that he is in Africa and he is contacting us and talking to us. 

My concern is that my husband might be missing or has decided to abandon me and my baby.

What can I do in this situation, can I make a complaint against my husband as he is in Africa or against my in laws as they are not even returning out calls now?

Many thanks.


 2 Replies

Shashi Dhara   07 March 2023

File suit for maintenance under section 125 crpc against  your husband along with your in-laws as parties.

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     08 March 2023

Besides complaint under section 125 CrPC (as advised by expert Shashi Dhara) file a police complaint of "missing" person providing his permanent address as well as available Africa address. 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query