LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepu (dfsa)     28 September 2014

Husband absconds after illicit affair exposure


  My sister got married to a TNEB employee two months back under the blessings of both the families. Recently my sister found out that her husband had an illicit affair with his ex-girlfriend. His ex-girlfriend is married to someone else. My sister's husband had this affair even before the marriage and looked like he continued the affair with her even after marriage. When my sister found this out, she called us up. We went to her residence to sort out the matter. We discussed this matter with him, and he confessed. He assured that this won't continue. Satisfied with his assurance, I left the place the next day early morning. Then, he took my sister to the girl to sort out the issue.  When my sister enquired her, the girl complained that he was disturbing her often and even snatched her mangalnaan and she started with some more ugly complaints. Looked like He couldn't handle the situation and he absconded. My parents informed his elopement to his parents and relatives. His parents were not so serious when they heard about this and they switched off thei phone. Sensing trouble, my Dad went to All-Women police station and complained about the incident.

            Now, the events are turning ugly. My sister's husband has his cousin as police driver in the DGP office. He pulled certain influence and had filed a Habeas corpus and an abduction FIR against us. We are sure that my sister's husband is hiding somewhere and everyone in their family knew about this.

            Later we checked his Bank account statement, where he had accessed an ATM to withdraw money after he had absconded. 

           My questions are;

We are not guilty, and this can be proved by the bank statement showing the ATM withdrawal. Can this be a concrete evidence to prove our innocence?

Looks like his entire family knew about his illicit affair even before the marriage and they married him to my sister hiding the fact. There was already a complaint against him in his native on the same issue and he was warned by the police.

What should be our further actions? Should we file another case of forgery and fraud?


 5 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     29 September 2014

@ Author,


1. Share bank statement with police handling HCP case facilitate them tracing him down.


2. When a HCP is filed, then it is duty of police to find and produce him before the Court. A statement will be taken of him and based on which he will be asked to rejoin his family. If he accuses your side of family then it is other matter and most probably he may get police protection. State's HC does not go into evidences if you were telling truth or he his stating falsely in an HCP once admitted. His family's case closes once he is produced before HC and he rejoins his family.


3. Do not file forgery or fraud, neither would sustain strict test of Law.  Peruse your own earlier complaint of his infidelity. 

4. You sister can seek "judicial separation" from him if she wants to give him time to turn clean in marital relationship. 

[Last reply]

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     04 October 2014

It seems that your brother in law is nor a person clean by heart or thoughts, he appears to be  capable of doing plenty of criminal activities either women related or otherwise.  Now to handle the HCP, the clinching evidence in your possession namely he Bank statement indicating his withdrawal after he went hiding will be sufficient enough to prove that he is underground in hiding with some malafide intention. 

Even after getting everything set right , it is advisable that you may ask your sister to abandon his company and live separately, if she is not  having any independent source of income, she may file a maintenance case too seeking maintenance amount from his for her sustenance.

Be in touch with your lawyer on all such further issues.

Deepu (dfsa)     09 October 2014

Thank you all for your assistance. 

We assisted the Police in HCP Enquiry, and they had produced their report to the court. The advocate representing my brother-in-law family approached us for some kind of truce, and after that there is no news from him.

Looks like the police know the whereabouts of my brother-in-law, but we couldn't get much info from them.

The least info that we were able to get is that, the result of their enquiry favoured us, and they have favoured us in their report. This doesn't actually solve the issue. 

Then we came to know that my in-law had submitted a Medical leave letter to TNEB for a month by registered post. Somehow we were able to get his residing address from the leave letter, and that is where his whole family is residing at present. This is infuriating me a lot.

We disclosed this to the police, but they are not taking any action.

Should I seek any private investigating agency to locate that idiot, so that I can pull his family for talks, as my sister still has some soft corner on him?

henriettarexach (New York City)     12 October 2014

ATTN PLS, am sending my testimony to everyone out there, that is either in my shoe or needs help one way or the other. My names is Henrietta, and i want to share with you all about my relationship breakup back then, which almost lead me to frustration and unhappy life experience. I was married to my ex divorced Husband 2 year and 11 months ago. My husband, I and and our pretty kid was happily living in peace and harmony. But, few months ago my Husband started acting strange to me. Unknown to me, he has been engaging him self online with another woman, which he was keeping from me as a secret. But few weeks ago, i caught him on our computer, mailing this woman. And, when i asked him who she was, he told me that, she was just a friend. The message conversation caught my attention and i decided to go through it. To my surprise, my husband have been dating this woman on my behalf for some period of time. Immediately, after i noticed that, i began to quarrel with him and all he could told me, was that he never loved me, that we should go for a divorce. I thought he was saying it from anger due to the situation at hand as at that moment. Because of the love i had for him, i never wanted to support it, although it happened, i still did not give up on him. I was looking for solution to get him back home. so i went in search on how i can get back my husband. Well, along my search, i saw a testimony of a woman on how Prophet Irabor was able to restore back her marriage home. Immediately, i copied the email address and decided to give a try. After following all the procedures and instructions given to me by Prophet Irabor, within the space of 2 days, my husband gave me a call and started begging me that he was sorry for what has happened between us. And because i love him so much, i quickly responded to him that i have forgiven him and told him to come back home. Me and my husband are now living happy married life again. All respect and honour to you Prophet Irabor, for the Help you have render to me and my family. Sir, i pray God Strengthen you...If you need his help, you can email him on (

Deepu (dfsa)     16 October 2014

Thank you all for your valuable advice

           HCP came into hearing the day before yesterday. Adovocate representing my Brother-in-law came and withdrew the HCP immediately saying that he absconded on his own wish and they knew the whereabouts of him. The court admitted it saying that since the petitioner himself likes to withdraw the complaint, and absolved the case. Our Lawyer has maintained that the case is yet to be solved since this involves marital life of two people and he requested the Judge to arrange a mediation session. The Hon. Judge accepted and arranged under the supervsion of a court assigned advocate. Might happen today or tomorrow.  I think it is upto my sister to decide living with him, though I am entirely against it. She is now stable in her mind and I pray she puts stability in her words and action.

           Thanks again all for your guidance, which helped in holding my nerves till now.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query