Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bheemappa Bandikeri (STA)     15 August 2012

How to trust two wheeler service centers

Dear all,

I am using Bajaj Discover 150cc bike for two years. When I gave my bike to bajaj service centre for first free service i was chared around Rs.560. Then what is the meaning of free service? If you take the same bike for service in some other service stations they charge the same amount. Then what is the fun in mentioning as free service? Recently I took my brothers in laws bike to Ring Road Bajaj Service centre for third free service, he charged around Rs.738 out of which Rs.555 was not billed and remaining  amount was not billed, he showed some oil and told that oil was changed for my bike. How sure we will be that these people change all the accessories that have been mentioned in the bill. Our bike will be looking good and shining we feel that our bike is serviced. But what about accessories whether they have changed or what.If you take the same bike for service after few days to some other service station, they will give the bill mentioning replacement of same spare parts.How can believe these people? Please suggest me how not to be cheated like this.

Learning

4 Replies

surjit singh (Assistant)     15 August 2012

You can call for the changed parts if done, as far engine oil is concerned ask them to put it when you are present there, the free service is only for the labour charges. I think all these are just an eyewash, fooling the customers.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 August 2012

When the vehicle is accepted for service the company/service centre employee mentions on the prescribed format/job work sheet the complaints of the customer/service to be done/oil change etc and mentions amount of each item e.g. oil change. There is column and space for customer complaint/feedback etc which they call as customer voice. 

Usually this page is not given to customer, however if you insist and persist you can succeed to get a copy even if a photocopy.

All charges have to be billed. Do not agree to pay for unbilled items. Accessories if purchased from wholesaler in open market shall cost less.

In the customer manual it is mentioned that oil change etc is chargeable.

From the customer viewing area you can view your vehicle being serviced. Best is to obtain an appointment and get your vehicle serviced in your presence.

RAKESH PIPRODIA (ADVOCATE)     18 August 2012

You have to trust them or get the service done in your presence. While giving the vehicle for the service, they will ask you to sign the service documents wherein all the points are already ststed thet you agree and abide by all the terms ststed theirn. Charging for oil and engine oil is normal procedue and they do it normally using PSU oils only. In yourcase you have not mentioned that has any of your parts been changed ot altered with. You may complaint about the same to the BAJAJ AUTO LTD. PUNE branch directly about your query.

M.S.R.Murty ( Manager (Admn))     18 August 2012

Dear Sir,

First you go through the service Book which the Dealer handed over to you alongwith Bike when you purchsed.  Once you sent Bike to the Company Dealer for service whatever the parts they have  replaced were guaranteed and out side you may not get such guarantee.  You can ask the Service Centre for what they service done for the Bike and for replacements.  Some glass and plastic parts and oils etc;,  they will charge.  You can demand for better service and for guaranteed replacements. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register