Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajkiran123 (Manager)     19 March 2015

How to return fil car

Dear Sir,

Request you advise. I have been framed with false 498a case and in the complaint it was written that we have demanded a car and due to this my FIL has given car to me. But the fact is that my FIL has sent his used car which he is no longer using and I took it for temporary use when the relations were good. The car is registered in FIL name. I have already once informed to take his car but he did not respond and now he is accusing me as dowry demand.

i wanted to return the car with proper acknowledgement but don't know how to do it. Can I send a legal notice to take his car back or is there a better way to return to him as I have been forced to maintain the car even though it does not belongs to me?

Learning

3 Replies

Jayashree Hariharan (Advocate)     19 March 2015

Do you have any written proof that you told him to take it back? If you can prove that it is a much used car by documentary proof then it would be good.

You can file them in the court and also tell him to take the car back in front of the judge. Pls ask your lawyer, he will be able to guide you better, as he knows the entire facts of the case.

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     19 March 2015

Sir, Returning will not resolved the issue, but the circumstances under which it was given and demanded as alleged is important to disprove the false allegations .. Returning later on is not of much help... Better focus on the fact that why would you accept the old car if you have demanded the dowry, mention to the court that you have your own car then why would you need a car and other relating circumstances which go in your favour .... Regards Kapil Chandna Adv 9899011450

Rajkiran123 (Manager)     19 March 2015

Dear Jayashree madam and kapil sir, Thank you for your response.

Yes, I did informed other party to take the car back in a legal notice which was sent before filing of false case of 498a. I have a documentary proof of the same. The car was brought >5 years back before it was given to me. The car is registered in FIL name. I hope my lawyer will able disapprove his allegations.

My only worry is to just return his belonging with proper acknowledgement and not that returning will help my case.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register