Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ridhima Mehra (Teacher)     07 July 2014

How to prove authenticity of old bank documents?

I have a 1983 Mumbai civil matter and the stage is marking of documents. All nationalised banks maintain their records for only ten years. The bank documents that I wish to submit for marking are more than thirty years old. Since, the bank does not have old records to refer and confirm the validity of my (attested and original) certificates issued by that bank, how will I prove the authenticity of those documents in the court? Any judgements on the related matter.

Thank you.

Regards.

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     07 July 2014

First of all you file the photo copy of the proposed bank document as documentary evidence and get it marked as exhibit by comparing with the original document in your possession, see if there is any objection by the opposite party, you deal with the issue as per the objection that have been raised subsequently, consult your lawyer about this and proceed further.

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     07 July 2014

You said that the civil matter is of 1983, where you and the bank are parties.  When the civil matter is pending, the bank will not destroy the documents.  It will keep till the case is disposed off.

Ridhima Mehra (Teacher)     09 July 2014

Thank you Mr Kalaiselvan....Mr Ravinder the bank is not the defendant party. The defendants are my sisters and my brother. It is a property dispute matter in Mumbai city civil court. Please advice...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register