LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


How to prevent divorce


 Mine was love marriage, we stayed together for 10 days and girl's parents took her back. After that its been 5 months that they have never allowed us communicate and washed her brain against me. I also observed that they have created profiles on matrimonial sites to look for another boy. So it clearly shows their bad intentions to break our marriage and market her profile else. This is our second marriage for both of us. Girl is immotionaly weak, otherwise no girl would be ready for 3rd time. What should I do ? I do not want to spoil my life because of her parents ego...we have loved each other and my intentions are to purely live happily with her. I just do not want to give her divorce at any cost...can anyone suggest me,,,how to take her into confidence or prevent divorce

 11 Replies

Saurav (Engineer)     08 May 2014

Goto some NGO who do Couple counselling rather than asking here in Legal forums.


These NGO people know how to deal these situations properly and they could solve your problem.

Saurav (Engineer)     08 May 2014

If you are in Metro city, I am sure you will find some NGO who basically deal with Marital problems. Try to find out.

Jayendra Sevada (Advocate)     08 May 2014

Dear Mr. Uday, File a petition under Section 9 of the Hindu marriage Act seeking restitution of conjugal rights. This will help you and you would be able to see your wife in the Court. On the first date of her appearance before the Court of Law, The Ld. Judges send the matter before the Mediation and Counselling Center. Which is the right opportunity to you to convey your love for her and you will also be able to understand her stand. That will make your life easier.

Best Regards,


Jayendra Sevada


Jayendra Sevada....okay i will file RCR, but her parents will also accompany with her into court. They have washed her brain so badly that I do not think she will be ready to continue our marriage life in first glance. Its been 5 months her parents have washed away her brain against me, there is no communication between me and her. So its seems quite impossible to convince her within half an hour into court, while her parents / her lawyer will definately make up mind not to agree with me u know. I do not want to give her divorce at any cost,,,,,let it take years after years...because its love marriage between us,,,,,and its 2nd time for both of us. Now her parents are convincing her for 3rd time....such a rediculous parents....wont court understand all this things ?

Saurav (Engineer)     11 May 2014

 before court date try to communicate with her by Phone and meet her alone. Tell her in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS that if she really loves you then ditch her parents and come to me.  Tell her that you LOVE her a lot and she should love you back. That is how it should be.


Best of luck , I say give it a try.

Saurav (Engineer)     11 May 2014

Like I said earlier , If you can arrange a Meeting with your Wife ALONE .....Bring her to a NGO/Marriage Councellor. Please search in your city for NGO/Marriage councellor.


These NGO people are really good in CONVINCING POWER which I and you don't have. They may be able to convince your wife to join you.

Jayendra Sevada (Advocate)     11 May 2014

Dear Uday,


The Mediator take joint as well as seperate sessions with the parties, where the parents have not much to play. So just go with the Section 9 petition. May God help you.


Best Regards,


Jayendra Sevada.

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     11 May 2014

dont run behind this idiot girl

let her commit bigamy


dont make her file false criminal cases against you.


@ Saurav....yes i am going to file for let her come to meet me in court...but its the only time where i would be able to talk to her....for NGO session......i need to talk to her in alone ...her parents won't allow her to meet me alone.....they have not even let us talk over the phone after taking her back to mumbai.....they are very cruel ppl...this is second time marriage for both of us...and they do not shy to let her marry 3rd time ...i have taken snapshots of matrimonial web sites,,,where her auntie is marketing her profile as proof....i am gonna take all copies with lawyerr....lets see.....but yes i must talk to her....

Gautam Kapoor (IT professional Studying Law)     12 May 2014


@Uday - appreciate your love for the lady and you pledging that you will not let her go at any cost.All this is  fine.I intentionally wanted to keep out of this thread but could not do for long.

You should also try to understand that you cannot squarely blame her parents for the present crisis.It could also be that she does not want to stay with you.She being a adult can make her own decisions and if she is unable to do so  ... I think this will have severe recurpusions in your future married life and you are going to fight for trivial reasons.

Now coming to the point of RCR.RCR is a court statement and it is not binding if she still does not want to stay with you.Since you say that she is under the evil influence of your parents and aunt... any legal action from your side could lead to array of false cases from the opposite side.Do you have any guarantee that your wife will object to the false cases when she is not opposing her third marriage proposals.

In my opinion if she would have loved you as you have loved her..she surely would have taken reciprocal actions.Go for MCD and end the matter and find a girl who is willing fo stay with you.

Last Reply

Saurav (Engineer)     12 May 2014

I agree with Gaurav Kapoor.


In India most people do not have capacity to think for themselves (most listen to their parents).


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query