LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pal ganesan (Merchant)     07 October 2022

How to inherit my property based on my fathers will

Sir i am 41 years old, unmarried, disabled person living in wheel chair. My father has one self earned property, & he Wrote a will in favor of me. In that will he states about my diability and for my future well being the house belongs to me, & i can sell it or rent it, lease it or gift the house to anyone in my life time". And the will was registered in sub registrar office, duly signed by two witnesses.
Last year my father died and my elder brother deliberately asked y a disabled unmarried man needs a house. He threatened me to transfer the house in his name.
But my mother & relatives speak to him and decided that as i am unmarried after my life time the house belongs to my brother. So i also accepted the decision and i wrote a will in favour of my brother that the house belongs to him after my life time. And registered this will in sub registrar office
Everything goes fine, but For the past 2 months he was not giving the full rent we got from that house to me. He was sayimg that he spends 2000 for wiring, 500 for maintenance like that & every month he was giving only 50% of rent.
Also now again he threathening me that he will not give me the rent, all the rental aggreement shud be made in his name, my name shud not come in any document like that.
I am residing in madurai city, and here probation of will is not mandatory, & probation is not necessary. I am having the house original docent, my father registered will, & my fathers death certificate.
What can i do sir, either i have to give a police complaint or shud i go to court. If i go to court,  will it cause lot of money & time? bcos i am just owning a small petty shop. Me and my mom living only with that income. What shud i do sir?
If i sue a case in court, can i get the rent during the legal proceedimgs in court? Bcos i cant live without that rent, its used for my medicines.
How can i get rid of my brothers torcher sir?


 3 Replies

Shashi Dhara   07 October 2022

Issue legal notice ,file suit for arrerars of rent and also cancel will.

Pal ganesan (Merchant)     07 October 2022

Originally posted by : Shashi Dhara

Issue legal notice ,file suit for arrerars of rent and also cancel will.

Sir actually the tenants gave rent to my brother, but my brother is refusing to give it to me.

Also he want to write the rental agreement in his name. 

Whom shud i give notice sir?

Shashi Dhara   07 October 2022

You give notice to tenants  to give rent to you and not for your brother if they pay rent to him you are not responsible for it and you are the owner of buildings and file suit for recovery of arrears  of rent..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query