LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jayesh Varyani (nil)     22 October 2020

How to implement punishment

Dear Experts,

I have a query regarding implementation of Punishment given by Court.

My uncle Died in Hit and Run Case in 2013.

Against which FIR was lodged and Driver was Arrested and Chargesheet was duly filed u/s279,338,304-A,427 of IPC and U/S 177,184,134-B of IMV act.
Trial Court Gave its judgement in 2016 and Punished Criminal with certain fines and to serve 2 Years in Prison(Strict Punishment)

Criminal took bail in trial court and appealed in Sessions court against trial court judgement which he also lost.

Sessions court maintained trial court order in 2018.

Post that criminal has neither taken bail nor appeared in front of trial court to serve sentence.

Two years have elapsed since then.

My Advocate has moved Out of Station, he kept giving me excuses in implementing punishment to delay the matter and now he has moved out of station permanently.

I am currently located out of station and cannot book another advocate i tried hiring online but it didn't worked out.

I want to know is there any procedure which i can follow to request magistrate to Issue Arrest Warrant against Criminal so that Punishment can be implemented and Justice is Served.


Thanks And Reagrds


Jayesh Varyani

 3 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer)     23 October 2020

After dismissal of appeal by Sessions Court the convict must have surrendered, otherwise, get warrants of arrest from Trial Court.

It is better to contact, consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts/ documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

P. Venu (Advocate)     23 October 2020

The query is rather strange. The case was between the State and the accused (not the criminal). And there is a due process in ensuring in carrying out the punishment.

Your priority ought to be in ensuring that the dependants of the deceased get due compensation. Anything else os secondary.

Jayesh Varyani (nil)     25 October 2020

Dear @P.Venu That person is no more an accused. He is a Convict now.

I have observed that process of carrying out punishment is not being carried out that's why raised query here.

As far as MACP Case is concerned it is already under process and near completion clearly that's not a worry for me.

I don't know why whenever i have asked a query i have always got same reply which never relates to my query.

Kindly throw some light on my query if you know or interested to answer.




Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query