LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sreedhar Sunkara   20 November 2021

How to get expert opinion for forged document?

Hello sir/madam, 

My cousin created a forged document baring date 6.7.1998 in year 2010. The signater in that document is difftfrom page to page and forged and how to get expert oputon it and what aspects expert will look in to? 

 7 Replies

Shashi Dhara   20 November 2021

U have to file suit in civil court against you father and their you have to prove it as forged document in competent court of law.


1 Like

Anaita Vas   20 November 2021

As per Section 463 of the Indian Penal Code, forgery is done by someone who makes a false document, digital document, or portion of a document with the motive to injure the population at large or any individual, or to endorse any statement or position, or to induce any individual to abandon their estate, or to enter into any implied contract, or with the intention to commit fraud or the possibility of fraud.

As per Section 465 of the Indian Penal Code, forgery is punishable by either a prison sentence of any descripttion for a period up to two years, a penalty fee or both.

Here are a few things you can do if a forged document has been issued:

1. You should file a police complaint for forgery, fabrication of documents and cheating, as soon as you find out about the document.

2. You should file a declaratory suit stating that the signature is different on every page in the forged document and that the fraudulent document should not be considered.

3. Attract the attention by writing to the inspector-general of registration and the sub-registrar and bring the matter to their notice.

4. Publish in newspapers, stating that you have knowledge of a forged document and any transaction/business that might have taken place are not done by you.


Anaita Vas

1 Like

Shashi Dhara   20 November 2021

Against your cousin not father sorry for error

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     20 November 2021

First, get copies of such document and send the document to approved labs like Truth Labs in Hyderabad with original signature and incase of forgery, they will provide you such authentic certificate for further process that should start with a police complaint and then filing declaration suit in civil court.   Contact Advocate after getting solid evidence.

Sreedhar Sunkara   20 November 2021

Dear members thanks for your information, I am very glad about your information. Please refer below points, 

1) The cheater (my paternal uncle) file a partition suit and possession of sam land through IA before the magistrate court in the year 2010. both were dismissed and the court observed the documents are created and not valid in law in the year 2018. 

2)  the plaintiff moved to a sessions court in the year 2018 and is pending. There is no direction or order on a magistrate court judgment. 

3) the magistrate court judgement is still active.

4) in 2003 the plaintiff with help of a Mundal revenue officer using forgery documents took pattadar passbook of my land and cultivated our land. we did not receive any revenue from them for using agricultural land.  

5) the MRO rejected our apple to issue passbooks in our name and directed both parties to go to court and settle it. 

6) In 2014 we filed writ petition before high court for cancellation of passbooks and is pending. there is o direction in this regard to any party.

7) In June 2021 we again filed another petition before MRO to issue passbooks and rejected by MRO. Subsequently, we filed a complaint before Lok Adalat and notices are issued to MRO. In his reply  MRO state that the case is pending in high court and can not issue passbooks. 

 Sir the magistrate Judgement is in force and documents are pronounced invalid, the MRO actions are attracting contempt of court against him. He can not shield the litigant based on illegal documents and continue passbooks illegally. In fact it is duty of MRO to bring facts to High court , issue passbooks and submit same before hon'ble High Court. 


Please advice me what i have to do. (Section that attract the culprits)

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     20 November 2021

When the story is having long chapters of History, the advocate that handled the case is more competent.  The possession and enjoyment do come into the picture.  

Sreedhar Sunkara   20 November 2021

Sir, The advocate did a wonderful job, I have come here to get more expertise and pursue criminal actions against plaintiffs. The mislead court with forged documents accepted by the court. In my district lower court no advocate has filed such thing till date as of my knowledge. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query