LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Father of lovely Daughter (Father)     04 February 2012

How to get copy of police complaint filed by my bitter half

Dear Respected members,


Please assist me how can i get the copy of police complaint filed by my wife in Nov 2011 in gurgaon police station for DV and 498A.I was called abused alone in front of my in laws and even slapped.Then they snatced my daughter who is a patient of RARE HEART DISEASE to my inlaws and they dissapear from PS.Then complaint was forwarded to W CELL where i was called thrice and again abused.and then on the last date they informed my case has been transfered to  PS.Then everything gone silent till 26jan when my filed again filed another complaint to Ghaziabad police station.I am afraid to go there now.

I had read the comlaint of my wife in W CELL,GURGAON and whatever she had written is baseless and i have proofs to prove them false.But i came to know now that there is no POLICE COMPLAINT in PS now.

QUESTION:How can i obtain the original copy of COMPLAINT and proceedings filed by my BITTER HALF.I was called and questioned in PS and W CELL.There should be something registered somewhere abou the case.



Please help me and my daughter to reunite.



Me and my Daughter


 12 Replies


complaint copy will not be hard to get from the investigation officer , request a copy from him and give him some kharcha pani.....

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     05 February 2012

you will get the certified copy of complaint in the court. YOu have to find it the number of case , then you will get it eas

rahul (director)     05 February 2012

no need to give money to IO, file rti in office of DCP concern, and meet DCP  personally , and explain all thing, request him to order a proper investgation before registering the case, also gice a written counter complain in dcp office and take a stamped receipt,

send the copy of this to police commisioner via post and email.

both the copy will automaticallt reach to IO  of caw cell.

im surprized that they slap u... you can put this also in your complain and tell this to dcp too.

that IO  will be terminated.

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     05 February 2012

You can directly ask these copies under RTI from SSP Gurgaon. They may deny on the ground of matter of investigation. Then you must ask copies of general diary of concerned police station.

avinash (manager)     06 February 2012

File an RTI in the concern police station addressing to PIO / Asst. Comm. of police...they have to give you a copy or will reply why they can't give you. They have to reply your RTI.

Kirit (Advocate)     14 February 2012


Copy of the complaint i.e. FIR (First Information Report) is always forwarded to concern court in which cases of that police station are conducted.

So, you can get the copy of the complaint from the said court.

Kirit Mehta

Kirit (Advocate)     14 February 2012


You can use Right of Information Act also and ask from police

Ravi (Student)     15 February 2012

It is easy to get the complaint under RTI Act from the concern police station. If you do not know the complaint no, mention the complainant name and date of the complaint.

sharma (ADVOCATE)     17 February 2012

Dont be panic.  If you are filed on a false 498a case and other cases in which you have sufficient proofs with you, enjoy the case.  police should never tourcher you and don't try to get copy of complaint from the police station.  Please file RCR with in limits of your jurisdiction to get back her.  If any 498a or dvc is filed then send your advocate to speak to the police.  never visit the police alone.  One to comment is why your wife is against you.  Try to get the reasons in your behaviour and change it and have a meeting with elder people and settle the issue as indian judiciary is a lenghty proceedure.

1 Like

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     26 February 2012

Unfortunately, it is diffuclt to get the copy of complaint in many states.


Police denies it on the basis of "would impede investigation" ground.





Shonee Kapoor


1 Like

Adv. Jayashree Mahesh Gore (Law Practitioner)     27 February 2012

you may get the copies of FIR either from the concerned court or from the police station easily by following their own procedure

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     28 February 2012

Ld Adv Jayashree,


The query is about getting the complaint copy which is yet not converted into an FIR.


Shonee Kapoor

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register