How to get copy of gd ( general diary lodged at police stn)

Respected Members,

1.            i have received the copy of charge-sheet @ 498A  from court which constitute Wife's petition U/S- 156(3). statements of all witness from her side to IO, and Form No. 39 ( Charge Sheet/ Final Report).

2.            in the list  of witness ( Total Six) the sl no.6 is written as "  G.D.E. Nos.  1234 Dt 31 Jan 2013 and 51 dtd. 01 Mar 2013.

Question:   if it is considered that those two GDE are the foundation for instituting 498A and to be considered as a witness material 

                Then why the copy of those two G.D.E was not given to me along with Final Report. is it that the content those GDEs did not contain any allegation of demand of dowry  related harassment. how instrumental will be the content of those two GDs in up-coming trial. 



File RTI


RTI is the best solution to get the GD along with the other related documents


advocate/ legal consultant

YOU may get it from court concern. adv. avdhesh chaudhary,09891507137


avdhesh ji is right, you may request the court to supply the same (its the quickest) or you may go for rti

Instructor @ Calcutta (

Agree with Mr. George.


Please follow my post in the link bellow: -


If you are confirmed that the said document is of value to you, you may while cross examination of IO ask about it, in case of his denial, you may send for the said documents by filing a petition u/s 91 Cr.P.C.and then based on that you may challenge the prosecution case.

Total likes : 1 times


Respected  Kalaiselvan  Sir

                         Many thanks for your valuable guidance. 




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x