LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Surya R (business)     30 October 2023

How to file case under shops and establishments act

I stay in hyderabad. I had worked in software company as developer but company terminated without paying a salary.

how to file case against employer  under shops and establishments act telangana.DO I need to file in  labour court or at labour commissioner


 4 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 October 2023

You have to first approach the deputy labor commissioner with an applicaiton seeking to instruct the employer to reinstate you.

If there is no consensus arrived between you and the employer before the labor commissioner,then  you would be directed to approach labor court for relief and remedy

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     31 October 2023

complaint to DLC.

SAM (LEGAL)     31 October 2023

File online complaint / greviances in PG Portal and you will get justice


Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     02 November 2023

Being a software developer you do fall in the catagory of a "workman" for seeking relief through Dy. Labour Commissioner.

You need to apply to the Competent Authority under section 48 of the Andhra Pardesh (applicable to Telengana also) Shops and Establishment Act, 1988 through a local prudent lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register