Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pavankumar   15 August 2023

How to file a public interest application in high court

Hello knowledgeable members of the forum.

I am a novice to law. I would like honorable members to throw light upon the following queries regarding filing of a Public interest suit in the High court.

  • What is the procedure to file a Public interest suit in the High court.
  • Can it be filed online?
  • What is the format/template of the application/suit to file a Public interest suit.
  • Do I need to hire an advocate so that it helps in getting the suit accepted by the HC?
  • Are there special advocates who take up Public interest suits, whom it is better to approach, so that the HC takes notice of the application?

I would greatly appreciate any information shared.

Thanks and best regards


 6 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     15 August 2023

Petition could be filed online. It would be better if you engage an advocate.

1 Like

anubhav Bhatt   15 August 2023

In which High Court do you want to file first check online filling facility available or not for more clarification you may contact us then I'll explain properly.
Advocate Anurag Bhatt
Allahabad High Court
📱 9198889990

Pavankumar   15 August 2023

Thank you sir for the info.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     15 August 2023

It is better you approach an advocate practising law in high court and seek his assistance to file the said case.


Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate and Legal Consultant)     16 August 2023

I agree with experts hereinabove, you should contact, consult and engage a local prudent lawyer, if any problem is faced by anyone / someone.

Prima facie it is an academic and time pass query. 

Pavankumar   16 August 2023

Thanks for all the replies, honorable members.

Unfortunately I am not able to reply to posts regularly. May be ther is some technical issue.

Yestarday I could post only one reply. I could not post the second one. I could not even edit my OP to add an additional query. I informed the Admin about this and am waiting for response.

I had this additional query;

How do we decide whether to file the PIL in SC or HC?

Thanks & Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More