LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


how hard for me to get divorce

My wife always complaining about my parents, her parents abused my parents publically. Her brother scared me over call that she might do suicide. Also she complaint me against my parents inciting people that she mixed something in their food but later on she denied this blame (have proof). I left her for such behave (2 months) then her brother threatened me for dowry case. How hard for me to get divorce for such behave and torture? (Hindu marriage act)


 10 Replies

also definitely they will file dowry case against me and my family

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     11 December 2018

In case no option for living married life peacefully, collect as many evidences of her cruel behavior than file divorcé.

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     11 December 2018

don't be afraid of cases that she will file, she has to prove all her allegations
1 Like

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     11 December 2018

In beginning their will be problem but will give peace in long term.
1 Like

"peace in long term" .... really sounds so amazing dream for me. i wish i get it. how is the scenario/behave in court against the accused family/husband fighting against dowry case? is it really humiliating and unsupportive from judges starting from day one in lowest court?

Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer)     11 December 2018

Discuss with your wife and in-laws for amicable settlement. 

Your parents are the responsibility for both of you. Nothing to compromise. 

1 Like

Sir, they are not ready for settlement and just wants me to keep her with me.i already compromised one time after they abused my family publically and I took her with me in another city far from my family but she created cry drama there as well and threatened me for suicide and her brother threatened me for dowry case. It's just one year complete and so much drama, can't imagine my life for more 30-40 years. That's why I wanna know how much are chances for me to win divorce case based on proofs I told above.

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     11 December 2018

Divorce on the basis of facts and circumstances mentioned here may not be so easy to get unless further development in the case and relationships between both deteriorate to such an extent that living together is not at all possible. You can file for divorce petition seeking decree of Divorce alternatively decree of Judicial Separation with the facts and circumstances you got and wait for results as the divorce proceedings itself takes many years to get decided and new development occurs during that period which add to the case making things easier for the petitioner.
1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 December 2018

As per query you have gathered some evidences.

The court may not agree to end the marital bond on trivial matters. The evidence has to substantiate in court of law, as a sufficient ground e.g; cruelty, itrrtreivable breakdown of marriage etc !

The spouses, family members from both sides keep on shouting on each other world over.

IT shall be wise to save the marriage and at the same time keep on building irrefutable evidences of efforts made despite other side’s misadventures.

If marriage can be saved, and conduct of both parties can be amended, nothing like IT. 

Or end the marital wedlock, by MCD on amicable and reasonable terms.

Or contested divorce is the last recourse…

If charges by either spouse are proved false the sufferer can press damages.

Check with your own LOCAL counsel what is dowry, cruelty etc

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 December 2018


You may take help for any matter from, elders of your family, competent and experienced well wishers, seasoned PIP’s, helpgroups, community leaders, NGO’s, experienced colleagues, associations, religious scholars/leaders, influential persons, Employee’s/Trade union leaders, help groups for spouses (Husband/wife)  etc and  find a very able LOCAL counsel specializing in concerned filed of law e.g; Family/Civil  matters as in your case, and well versed with LOCAL applicable rules, precedence, latest judgments etc …. and worth his/her salt, can advise you after examining all case related docs, inputs,  evidences on record.

Obtain proper legal opinion in writing!

Avoid acting on your own on hearsay.

One should not fall for IT’s and entities loitering at online portals to allure unsuspecting querists. There are many threads on such instances at LCI also.

Online discussions are not substitute to in person discussions with a very able counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in concerned field of law.

One should not fall for IT’s and entities loitering at online portals to allure unsuspecting querists……the personal details of unsuspecting querists/citizens get stored in databanks/compromised……hacked.

 Such IT’s and entities keep on poping up at online portals with fake and new ID’s after  their old ID’s are permanently blacklisted/shunted out and money fleeced from unsuspecting is finished.

There are such very able counsels at each location.

Check for such counsels at LOCAL; Family/Civil Courts, HC, SC,..

You can also try for FREE legal Aid from Legal aid center (DLSA) that is usually within LOCAL courts complex..preferably from a very able counsel specializing in Family/Civil  matters.

Your counsels  may opine that you can appear on 1st date, and obtain copies of petition etc to reply later ….and inform the court that you shall be engaging a counsel and appear thru your counsel….Or your counsel can appear and obtain copies of petition etc and reply later or your new counsel can appear for you.

Your counsels can advise after examining all docs/record/inputs pertaining to your matter and help you. You can also search threads on similar query in SEARCH option ON left Hand side of threads in Forum/Experts section. Having learnt a lesson, remember to consult beforehand for your matters or any matter about which you are not properly informed.

There have many instances of such entities operating with multiple fake Id’s at online portals.



The FEE of all LOCAL counsels at all LOCATIONS is not high/unreasonable as mis-believed by many.

Many counsels even at State Capital/Metro towns  do not demand unreasonable high FEE.

IT is rather at online portals that unsuspecting querists are mislead as per many publications, by IT’s and Entities that pose as some Lawyer (actually LIAR) and flaunt/advertise firms that are not Law Firms (Actually LIAR’s Firms) to believe that LOCAL counsels are not knowledgeable..are incompetent.

In Reality the LOCAL counsels win cases in LOCAL courts at all LOCATIONS.

You can go thru/search the cases contested by any Lawyer at court website.

GO thru similar queries in threads, articles, files at LCI e.g;

Article under my profile;

“Spouse of employee in marital dispute can get copy of 'Dowry Declaration signed by employee' “

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query