How Can i Marry a Forgeiner in india, in an easiest way?

she is an Christian, and i am Sikh, someone suggested me that Easiest Way is Marry her in a Temple and get a certificate and then Register the Marriage in Court....
can anyone tell if its ok???

No. Marry her according to civil form of marriage under the Special Marriage Act,, 1954. That will be legally valid marriage and get you her country's visa otherwise the Hindu Marriage that will be invalid marriage between you both even after registration will remain void and your visa application will be rejected and you'll never be able to go with her to her country. If you indulge in advice of some fake marriage agent or lawyer, trouble will be for you and your dreams will never fulfill to migrate to her country.


Either get the lady (woud be bride) to adopt Hinduism and marry as per Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 or

Get the marriage performed / registered under the provisions of Special Marriage Act,1954.

It would be better to contact and consult a local prudent lawyer for proper guidance and proceeding.

However, if you are located in Delhi and feel, you may contact me (on appointment) at:
Chamber No 647, Lwayer's Chamber Block, Dwarka Courts Complex, Sector 10, Dwarka, New Delhi Cell # +91 9891152939 email:


The change of religion for Hindu marriage is not good suggestion as that conversion has been held as invalid just for the purpose of marriage by the Supreme Court of India.

I have been looking in to Immigration cases for different countries where the Indian marriage with foreigner or NRIs for the purpose of spouse visa are matter of concern, any wrong step taken under the guidance of fake lawyer will lead you to big trouble so just avoid them.

You can contact me for proper legal consultancy:


What is meant by "easiest way" please.? Such "easiest ways" may not be legally viable. If you are seeking for a legally valid alliance, prefer to marry under the provisions of the Special Marriage Act rather than going for short-cuts which can found plenty!



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x