LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Subhojit Karmakar   17 October 2021


I Subhojit karmakar and I love soumi biswas now my family agree to marry with her but Their family not support to us।every time they try to broke our relationship।my lover's age 16 and my age 22। her family every time hited her and now days soumi leave study for their family।now how can I save my relationship in legally way

 8 Replies

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     17 October 2021

Haven't you realised that your lover is a minor! So please let the juvenile reaches her major age, let her take her own decision; only then law will protect her right to marry of her choice.

M V Gupta (Advocate)     18 October 2021

Your lover is a minor at present. Don't precipitate things at present by any action on your part. Let her attain the majority by completing 18 years. Then she should decide whether to marry you or not.

Subhojit Karmakar   18 October 2021

She wants now Marry with me because her family have very rough behaviour with her। that's why she decided that se want to go with me how can I protected her with legal way

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     18 October 2021

Child marriage is illegal in India. However it seems you are yet to grow matured! Concertante on your studies and in case the girls parents is rude, ask her to come forward and do the privilege for herself.

Aks   18 October 2021

Your lover is underage (only 16)

She can not make independent decisions because her parents have her custody. Man..just wait for 2 more years .

Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer)     19 October 2021

Well analysed, opined and obliged by experts, I agree.

The girl is still under age to marry.

Subhojit Karmakar   19 October 2021

Nothing to doing some thing??now she faced so many problems how can I slove. I know she is now underage. that's why I avoid to marry with her this r.but a Is there no way under Indian law to solve this problem? Please help us how can I slove this problem.she'sfamily is torturing her a lot mentally and physically.she has dropped out of school and her studie by her family. please save us and say any way to save her


M V Gupta (Advocate)     24 October 2021

Ref your reply dt. 19, October 2021. Lodge police complaint about the torture of the girl by the family members. But be careful while lodging such a complaint. The Police may require evidence for the complaint and your locus for filing such complaint.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

LCI Learning Hindu Laws

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query