LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashok kumar   30 March 2020

how can can get FIR number

anyone have a register FIR aur complaint but he/ she don't know which CRPC and Dhara I have registerd
than then how can get my FIR number and how many complaint registered upon me please reply

Learning

6 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     30 March 2020

Every citizen is entitled to get copy of such FIR from SHO of Police station as a right under Right to Information Act, and it is the duty of SHO to deliver copy of FIR and get the acknowledgment of complainant for having studied and verified the contents.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     30 March 2020

ANY ONE CAN ACCESS PUBLISHED FIRS (FIRST INOFRMATION REPORT)

Citizen needs to complete their enrollment/ registration process first in Citizen Portal by providing actual Aadhar number and mobile number which will be validated through OTP number.

Post successful registration, Citizen can log-in onto citizen portal using valid credentials
User will click on View FIR menu on home page
For any technical issues in above provided Citizen Portal , Please contact PCS -(Police Computer Services & Standardisation, TS Police Department) on 040 - 27852366
System will display a page with below search parameters

• District *

• Police station*

• FIR no or Date range - From & To*

• User will select search parameter and click on enter

• System will display search result for View / Download/ Print
  •  

Free Legal Help India   30 March 2020

PLEASE CONTACT A. A. ZAIDI ADVOCATE FOR LEGAL HELP. CONTACT NO. 9719775005.

ANAMIKA VICHARE (LAWYER)     30 March 2020

FIR means First Information Report.   It could be if Cpognizable Offence or Non-Cognizable Offence.   In Cognizable Offences, Police can arrest without warrant.    Non-Cognizable offence Police cannot arrest you without Court's order.

If you lodge complaint, police will give FIr copy if it is non-cognizable.  which we call in common parlance as NC, but written over  byy Police as printed one F.I.R,

It is better that if you want give complaint always give in writing as thePpolice always put wrong contents

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 March 2020

You have repeated the same question by opening another thread needlessly especially when your same question has been answered by plenty of experts of this forum.

however please note the answer given by my is repeated below:

Since FIR is a public document, a certified copy is provided to the complainant initially. Police do not usually encourage citizens asking to know their filed FIR status. So, RTI for FIR can be filed, and then status can be checked for the recorded FIR.

You may file an application under RTI act and get the details as desired.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     31 March 2020

Some of our members expressed doubts on providing of FIR as certified copy under RTI Act.   Please go through following link that shows Kerala HC Judgment

https://www.scconline.com/blog/post/2015/12/14/accused-to-get-copy-of-fir-within-48-hours/

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register