Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ankit Uniyal   08 April 2020

Home violence

Dear sir,

Since last 20 years my father is torturing my mother, he always beats her and never fullfill his responsibilities towards family,

since lockdown he has started torturing everyone in family and beating us with anything he finds in his hand, yesterday in morning he started yelling at my mother for no reason so I confronted him which I most of the time do because I take care of my family in financial way , I pay 70 % of my family experience and he don't even arrange 20% of it , so yesterday he started beating my mother and sister so I called police, they came and just gave warning to him,

But we (my mother, sister, younger brother and me) have decided to live separately and to get divorce but I am afraid that he will harm us if he gets any opportunity , please guide me how can I keep him away legally so that he will not harm us and we can move to New place.


 7 Replies

N. Sivaprakash, Chennai 984099 (Advocate)     08 April 2020

Give a Complaint to police as against your Father, narrating the cruel act of him, asking for Police Protecction. Ask your mother to file a Complaint under the Domestic Violence Act as against your father. Also file a Civil Suit praying for Injunction restraining your father from entering the house.

2 Like

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     08 April 2020

Dear querist,

Your mother can approach local police station and file complaint for assault and for domestic violence. In domestic violence your mother can seek interim order against your father to restain him from causing physical abuse and assault. Contact local advocate for filing domestic violence case.

1 Like

Free Legal Help India   08 April 2020

1 Like

Ankit Uniyal   08 April 2020

thank you very much sir but all this is not possible till lockdown ends

Shashi Dhara   08 April 2020

When lock down is over go separate and let your mother file suit for maintenance u/s 125 of crpc and your sister and brother is minor let they join for maintenance with mother and show him what is life for that irregular,irresponsible cruielity father.if he fails to pay maintenance he has to go to jail
1 Like

Sriman Palnati   10 April 2020

hi mine arranged marriage held on march 2017 and my wife and his parents kept quarles between me and my parents for my property and separated for 2 years and I had one baby 2 years old I realized my mistake I came near to my parents they don't like it and they stoped my money what they talked on my marriage. i want my kid i want give divorce they are tourchering me mentally

Shashi Dhara   10 April 2020

Issue legal notice and file suit for divorce on cruielity grounds against your wife and in-laws and also custody of your child with proper grounds.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query