LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ram (Consultant)     24 November 2010

Hiring a Security Guard

I live in a 8 flat apartment and with my past experience ( the security guard is either drunk or always sleeps ) am against employing a security guard . But the other 7 flat owners are in favor of employing security person. I would like know what are my rights as an owner and whether am legally entitled to oppose the appointment of the security guard. and more over i have been paying other maintenance charges of water , electricity and sweeper charges.

Learning

2 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     24 November 2010

Typically, in normal circumstances, IF the majority of the flat owners are of the opinion that a Security Guard is required,  THEN  one or two flat owners lose their social right to speak against the majority flat owners.

IF, however you are aggrieved by the incompetent attitude / habit of your drunk / sleepy security guard,  THEN it is best to call up the police station (preferably anonymously)  and complaint against the security guard specially on the moment when the security guard is drunk.  The police would do the needful for you,  without you coming into the picture and rest of the flat owners will also be indirectly obliged for such social act of yours.

FURTHER, IF you are using common facilities like Sweeper service, Staircase lights & Water pump electricity etc....  THEN you are socially & morally bound to pay your share of the common expenses (of course without brooding or grumbling).

HOWEVER, even IF you prefer not to pay the common expenses,  THEN too the other flat owners cannot do anything about it against you, specially so IF a society has not been formed or registered.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Ram (Consultant)     02 December 2010

thanks for the reply however an association has been formed for the sake of  maintianing  a bank account and for taking care of  works or repairs of common area but its not registered under any law or act.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register