LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shivani (housewife)     22 May 2022

High court case:important

Please help with advice as i don't have a lawyer as of now and no one gives a clarity properly..

Eviction orders from my matrimonial home were passed against me under possession case in trial court but no alternative accomodation was arranged by the husband, i immediately filed an appeal in high court stating that i want to stay in my matrimonial home,but in april judge asked me to look for a suitable accomodation after hearing the arguments partially, i looked for a few houses in the same locality of matrimonial home and filed an affidavit stating the pictures of alternate accomodation & i have even mentioned in the affidavit that there is no willingness of mine for staying on rent & am being forced to stay on rent, and i had to look for a house vth difficulty,orally on the last date i told the high court judge only this much to let me bring the affidavit on record, this is the line mentioned by the hc judge:

In pursuance of earlier order, appellant has filed an affidavit setting out the alternative accomodation where she is willing to shift , subject to the husband paying rent for the same, let husband and father inlaw file a reply..

My query is that by the above case status , since i hv submitted an affidavit for alternative accomodation as per the court's order,now is it mandatory for me to shift on rent only? Or arguments vl take place & can i still tell the hc judge to let me stay in my sharedhousehold only ? Is there a possibility that she may listen to me?

Please advice 

Learning

1 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     23 May 2022

@ Shivani,

You have already posted another similar query in https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/rent-for-wife-223856.asp

It would be better to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

You can also avail facility of Delhi Legal Services Authority lawyer "FREE OF COST" 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register