LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shivani (housewife)     22 May 2022

High court case:important

Please help with advice as i don't have a lawyer as of now and no one gives a clarity properly..

Eviction orders from my matrimonial home were passed against me under possession case in trial court but no alternative accomodation was arranged by the husband, i immediately filed an appeal in high court stating that i want to stay in my matrimonial home,but in april judge asked me to look for a suitable accomodation after hearing the arguments partially, i looked for a few houses in the same locality of matrimonial home and filed an affidavit stating the pictures of alternate accomodation & i have even mentioned in the affidavit that there is no willingness of mine for staying on rent & am being forced to stay on rent, and i had to look for a house vth difficulty,orally on the last date i told the high court judge only this much to let me bring the affidavit on record, this is the line mentioned by the hc judge:

In pursuance of earlier order, appellant has filed an affidavit setting out the alternative accomodation where she is willing to shift , subject to the husband paying rent for the same, let husband and father inlaw file a reply..

My query is that by the above case status , since i hv submitted an affidavit for alternative accomodation as per the court's order,now is it mandatory for me to shift on rent only? Or arguments vl take place & can i still tell the hc judge to let me stay in my sharedhousehold only ? Is there a possibility that she may listen to me?

Please advice 


 1 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     23 May 2022

@ Shivani,

You have already posted another similar query in

It would be better to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

You can also avail facility of Delhi Legal Services Authority lawyer "FREE OF COST" 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query