LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manav seva sangh   09 May 2021

Hi

Hi sir in our chawl we has 144 rooms n we are tenant we are staying here from 1947....we give rent n we has rent receipt n we want to form chawl committee can we form it... Sir we has given concern to a builder in 1998 n till now he has not develop our area...our land is a warfboard property n our landlord has sold the property to the same builder..now he is our care taker... warfboard has given him noc in 1999 n noc is valid for 3 years ...now builder is telling he can't redevelop the property cause now warfboard property can't be redevelop ...sir my question is that can we form a society for our chawl we don't have a chawl committee too...plz help me sir what I have to do....

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     09 May 2021

Forming a committee is not a hurdle.  You can form any committee and contact the local Registrar of societies.  Mobilize amount, contact a local advocate who is an expert in giving an expert opinion and further guidance.  When you are paying rent, ask your advocate as to your rights to give the property for registration and other rights.

ashok kumar singh (Advocate)     09 May 2021

agreed with views of earlier experts, therefore no further comments, so far.

thanks

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     10 May 2021

Wakf board properties cannot be redeveloped, the builder is right in his opinion.

It can be a cooperative housing society formed by the landlord and called as tenant society. Or the tenants of the like mind can collectively form a society/association, elect among themselves a promoter or the president, who will elect or select other office bearers. Once a committee is formed, the bye laws containing all the issues can be framed including he object of the society to be formed and the same may be registered with the registrar of cooperative housing societies.

After registration, in the periodical meetings, the issues can be decided and resolved for implementation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register