LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mukundan (Manager)     06 May 2013

Help please....

Hello, I have loaned 15 lacs to my relative last year. I did not execute any agreement as he was a trustful relative. Now since he is delaying returning the money, I would like to make some legal paper signed by him. He is ready to sign any paper...How should I proceed. He said he can give a blank check....please any tips here? Thanks Mukundan


 2 Replies

Goutam Prasad (Advocate)     07 May 2013

Merely blank cheque will not be enough as for getting money recovered under section 138 in case of dishonour, it needs to be proved as legal liability, which needs strong supporting document. Otherwise, clever defaulters get same proved as security cheque, which is out of purview of section 138.

If you are willing to pay my professional fee, I can draft suitable agreement for before you take the cheque.


Goutam Prasad


Supreme Court of India


Mob: 9810753838

Mukundan (Manager)     07 May 2013

Thanks. I thought so. In order to proceed with drafting the agreement, please let me know your fee, and all the details that you need. I gave my relative 10 lacs through Bank transfer to his savings account. Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register