LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kumar (Officer)     11 March 2014

Help on 498a and dv

I got married in 2008 its arranged marriage.

After marriage ,for marriage expenses i had spended lot of money so i kept my wife jwells in bank without knowing her, problem started and i asked money from her parents for starting a bussiness, lot of misunderstand and they had given complaint in womens police station on 2009 dowry compalint and she dont want to live with me. In police station we got compromise and settled to mutual divorce. written in a bond sheet and we got divorced. 

Now she got married and having a kid.

After this in 2010 i married a girl through marriage portal site.That girl she had loved a Guy,and ran with him.He had promised to marry and cheated, so he told the truth and searched for a guy, who suffer like her in life to marry.

We know each other through marriage portal and with parents blessings got married and registered.Now same problem between us,She adjusted  me a lot but my time and my anger made her to give complaint on me and 498a had been filed now i am on bail.

now dv had been filed.

Before the second marriage she asked me for first divorce certificate i showed her a duplicate certificate and made her to belive. because first marriage is not properly divorced.

Now second wife had searched the first wife house and enquired about me, they had told the previous.

Now second wife having the complaint copy of first wife given in police about dowry harrashment.

i am so tensed now whether that will help her in 498a now

what i can do in dv?

Learning

7 Replies

great india (manager)     11 March 2014

I think thr problems you creayed would no doubt land you in jail. You arr under 3 trapd now..... 1. Dowry harrasment....498a 2. Dom.voil. 3. Bigamy......as u not legally divorced. 4. Cheating n fraud....... Now avoid a 498 and apologize for dv Along with try to settle matters wid 1 st wifr and press for a legal divorce. 2 nd female in your life would need to br handle by proper councillin involving elders

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     11 March 2014

cases lime you justify that laws like 498a and DV Act need to be harsher.

fist marriage yuou usurped stredhan and demanded dowry and got no proper divorce

second marriage fraudulent made her to believe that you are divorced  and created a legally incomplete marriage and the lady believing to be your lawfulwife allowed you s*x.

why she needed to search for first wife and know the truth?  Better you tell or let the forum judge by themselves as to whey second wife locates first wife.

1 Like

kumar (Officer)     11 March 2014

Sudhir Sir

First wife not files fir, she gave complaint in station and we made compromise and decide to divorce. we written in a bond and separated i gave all her things back.

Now first wife is married and she is having kids

The reason for the search of first wife by second wife is ( to know the exact reason why we had divorrced)now she had applied in RTi and got the complaint of first wife given in station.

After that I married the second, she had file 498a and dv. if she come to know that i am not properly divorced what will happend?

Gautam Kapoor (IT professional Studying Law)     15 March 2014

406 (breach of trust), 494 (bigamy-second marriage),498,DV,DP,420 -> Get prepared to face the music , or ask forgiveness from her ,now you are solely at her mercy.

Rightly answered - cases like yours justify laws like 498a and DV Act need to be harsher and account for the 1-5% convicted cases.

S.Kulothungan (News Editor)     16 March 2014

Dear kumar, don't worry as per Panjayathraj Act bond document  is valid as far as first wife is concerned. As per second marriage is concerned if you ready to live with her nothing will happen. As far as first wife is concerned collect all the details regardng her second marriage and birth certificate of the children with her second husband's name as father (first wife children). Don't worry try to live with second wife peacefully. Adjust her.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 March 2014

why should she work hard to know that why first wife was divorced. why should she endevour to collect evidence against you. The reason best apparent, is that she was not married happily to you who has dumped his first wife for insufficient dowry.

kumar (Officer)     16 March 2014

I got married in 2008 its arranged marriage.

After marriage ,for marriage expenses i had spended lot of money so i kept my wife jwells in bank without knowing her, problem started and i asked money from her parents for starting a bussiness, lot of misunderstand and they had given complaint in womens police station on 2009 dowry compalint and she dont want to live with me. In police station we got compromise and settled to mutual divorce. written in a bond sheet and we got divorced. 

Now she got married and having a kid.

After this in 2010 i married a girl through marriage portal site.That girl she had loved a Guy,and ran with him.He had promised to marry and cheated, so he told the truth and searched for a guy, who suffer like her in life to marry.

We know each other through marriage portal and with parents blessings got married and registered.Now same problem between us,She adjusted  me a lot but my time and my anger made her to give complaint on me and 498a had been filed now i am on bail.

now dv had been filed.

Before the second marriage she asked me for first divorce certificate i showed her a duplicate certificate and made her to belive. because first marriage is not properly divorced.

Now second wife had searched the first wife house and enquired about me, they had told the previous.

Now second wife having the complaint copy of first wife given in police about dowry harrashment.

i am so tensed now whether that will help her in 498a now

what i can do in dv?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register