I need a big favor from u all.
My father aged 51 years, is well educated and a professor in Jr. college
My mother aged 46 yrs is a victim of domestic violence
my father beats and abuses her with bad words all the time.
He had an affair with a nurse 4-5 years back and I dont know
if this affair is going till today or not but some people
from our area say its still going now. That girl is now married
and has a son.
My maternal grandma lives with us as she is widow and has only 1 daughter
i.e. my mother.
The marriage is continuing since last 23 years and my mother
has not lived happily for 1 single day.
3-4 years back my father had brutally beated my mother. He beated her
with an iron rod in the head. She had 4-5 stitches in the head. So she had
given a NC in police station at that time. My father threated her to kill
unless she takes back her complaint. So she taken a back. He told my mother
to give him the property (our current residentail house which is self acquired
by my mother on which Rs.4 lacks loan is outstanding till now)
or else he'll kill my mother and my grandma.
After that he continued to do his duty to give all the trouble in the
world to my mother.
But abt 20 days before, my father 1ce again beated her with a chair and this time
too in the head. This time she has got 6 stitches in the head. And now niether me nor
my mother is any situation to hear any argument from the relatives as she wants divorce
from him and I too agree with her.
To give effect to this we gave an NC in the police station again, police didn't File FIR
against my father as he is well reputed in the town. Now the situation is that police is
not going to do anything in this case as they might have taken money from my father.
After 2-3 days from above incident my father again threatened my father to kill my mother
and my grandma if she did'nt give the property to him.
We did not know anything abt the 498a at that time. Last week I met a lawyer. He told me
to file a private petition in this matter.
My queries are:
1. What is sequence of actions that will happen if we filed a private suit u/s 498a?
2. I am an eye witness of the aforesaid incident will I be useful in this case?
3. We have a photograph of my father and the girl (which was havin affair with him)
standing next to each other as a couple.
will mere photo and its negative will be usefull in this case?
4. Can he make any counter-case on my mother or on me? and what will be its consequesnces?
5. My mother is Cental Govt. employee. Will she get into any trouble?
6. What abt my mom's properties?
7. What abt my father's self acuired and ancestral property?
8. Can me and my litle brother (aged 18 years completed) have any share in my fathers propety?
9. What if he has arranged an anticipatery bail?
10.Can he make false FIR against my mother and what are possible charges?
11.What care should I take from here onwards?
Pllsss plsss help me asap...
Thanxx in advance..
do reply soon...