Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amandeep (private)     10 February 2014

Help needed

Respected Lawyers and Members,

one of my friend is going through very hard period of her life.... she got married in 2011 through relative of both sides... from day 1 her in-laws  started torturing her for more dowry... she was always kept in the house locked and whenever she gets the chance she tell the matter to her parents and the relative through whom marriage solemnized..... but that relative was totally bow towards her in-laws family and keep on pressuring her family to stay away after sometime everything will be ok.. her in-laws twice tried to kill her and was also known to comman relative... but he kept on dumping the things by saying that small things... now the situation is that she is at her parents home after her husband left her at rented place and didn't return so through neighbours who call police she came to parents house now it has almost 2 year boys family kept on saying that dey didn't accept the girl and  FIR is registered... her parents and we all with her and saying to move on in life, but she is vry emotional and don't want to live as she feels her life is spoiled , she thinks that if other person she marries again says that bring more money and if her parents again unable to give money then again she will be thrown..... she is going into depression although i tried to make her mind divert by engaging her into to start studies... she tries to study but again those bad memories doesn't let her move in life...........  we always she her smiling but now whenever i see her i feel so bad and even my mind also get disturbed that there is no law for such persons who says they are going to take back wife because her family cannot  fulfill their dowry demands...... FIR on her in-laws is registered but that relative through whom marriage was solemnized already knew her in-laws that they are not good... can he be also included???? in which section?????? Also friend don't want to give divorce because she thinks that she don't want this to happen to some other girl... Is this possible???

Learning

6 Replies

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     11 February 2014

I feel for your friend.. Demanding Dowry and payment of Dowry both are illegal but we the people surreptituously  give dowry  under the table  without caring our own law that is why such sufferings happen..  The maladies lying behind is the mentality of our parents who from the birth of a female child thinks the child will be for some other family and treats her accordingly. Besides, our society think that a girl is a salable commodity, this mentality is more in the rural sector than that of urban sector. Law cannot enforce a husband to share his bed with the wife.  However, your friend can file a petition for maintenance u/s.125 Cr. PC. before the Magistrates' Court against her husband...

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 February 2014

Out of the lot who are bent upon to wreak vengeance against their husbands and their matrimonial people over silly  or no issues, the innocent and genuine people's apathy falls into deaf ears and they suffer silently despite many laws to protect and come for their rescue.  For the present,she can file a maintenance case u/s125 Cr.P.C and also to file a RCR case

ANJANEYULU BANDA (office work)     12 February 2014

Dear Sir,

I had worked as Para Medical Worker in a NGO ( TRUST) for National Leprosy Eradication Programme for 17 years in Mumbai ie from 1981 to 1997. Due to some dispute among the trustees funds were stopped by the donor agencies and the FIR has been filed with the Economic Offence Wing in 1997by the Accountant. I have been arrested on 8.9.1997 and released on Bail amount of 25,000/- in 2.10.1997. Along with me 2 trustees and 2 employees also have accused. Charge sheet is filed in 2000. Case No is-1835/2000-General Branch. Cheif Metropolitan Magistrate Court at Esplanade, Mumbai. Now the status of the case is Part Heard and for the past 3 three and half years no improvement in the case and the Prosecution and Investigation Officer are saying that No original documents are available with them and they are searching for them and on the basis of this they are adjourning continuously since three years. Please do needful.

Thanking you and advice me.

Attached File : 347112599 anjaneyulu banda-1835-2000.doc downloaded: 141 times

Gautam Kapoor (IT professional Studying Law)     12 February 2014

Good Amandeep, you are doing so much for your friend. Asking sections to file a case to the esteemed lawyers here. Good Work.

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     12 February 2014

@ Mr. Anjane Yulu Banda,,

You might have complained of inordinate or unusual delay of the trial court in disposing your case.  If it is so, without going through all of your case papers I am unable to advice you appropriate legal steps to fructify your interest.  However as you are a resident of Bombay you may contact my permanent assistant (mid-Senior) Mr. Avadesh K. Saxena, Advocate, Bombay High Court, 3rd. Floor,, Room No.56 or meet his Assistant Mr. Kohli Sukhpreet Singh, Advocate   with all of your case papers and seek opinion in respect of your problem paying consultation fees, who may help you a lot. YOU CAN TAKE MY REFERRENCE.

ANJANEYULU BANDA (office work)     14 February 2014

Thanking you Sir. I will definitely meet one of them with your reference and please inform them to give some relief in their consultation fees as i am working in a private company ever since i lost my job due to this case. Once again many thanks for your kind advice.

with warm regards,

A.BANDA

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register