LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahesh Mukadam (None)     22 June 2011

Help Me

I have a case going on in Mumbai High Court. I feel my Lawyer now a days trying to extract money from me. She is not giving any receipts for the payment she received and constantly demanding money telling She has to pay court staff to get work done or other consulting lawyer. My case is very simple dealing with Hindu Succession Act and Indian Trust Act. She never reported any progress of the case or steps to be taken. She do not have any support staff, law clarks etc. She threats me if I dont pay her she will not appear in to the court. I always paid her for any motion or any application in the court. I lost trust in her and I think other party may have bought her. What shoud i do in this case? Is it not obligation on lawyer to inform client her charges for the service she is providing prior to the service so that client can make inform decision? I do not live in Mumbai and do not know lawyers charges there and always feel how a common middle class indian can offer to fight his case in Indian Justice System..

Please advoice

Learning

2 Replies

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     22 June 2011

first of all how you have apointed the advocate.

Mahesh Mukadam (None)     22 June 2011

She was working with a Sr Lawyer who was our family friend. He gave my case papers to her. Unfortunately he died and she continued the case actually only responding to the defendents motions.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register