LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

FighTToTheT (Others)     22 June 2017

Hc speedy trial application - timeline

My lawyer had submitted the petition for Quashing (498a) in mid-April in High Court. It's been 2 months and status is still shown as 'pending for admission' in the HC website. As per my lawyer, plan is to pray for speedy trial (which will mostly happen) if quash is not granted. 

Any idea on how long does it usually take to get the case admitted and get a decision from HC judge on the petition. What can I do to move my petition forward from its current status in HC.


Thanks in advance.


 4 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     23 June 2017

Normally  It won't take  much time for a case to get admitted or  admission delayed.Speedy Trial also would be granted as i tis one's Constitutional right.Soon your case may get admitted  and speedy Trial granted by the court.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     23 June 2017

It appears that the lawyer is less than professional.

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (     29 June 2017

I think your lawyer is corrupted willfully delaying.

Please fire him. You can talk to a HC clerk to enlist at the top on daily cause list and appear party-in-person.

FighTToTheT (Others)     03 August 2017

Two questions.

1. After months, HC didnt quash the 498a but passed the order to finish the case in an "EXPEDITED" manner. Any idea on what is meant by expedited - is it 2M , 6M, 1Y... As per my lawyer, it's max 6M and lower court will now give shorter dates and the case should get over in 2-3 months. Any idea ?

2. Opposite party is just now showing up - neither in lower court nor showed up in HC.  Any suggestions on what I need to do to have the case verdict shown as false and NOT just mere acquital if opposite party and witnesses dont keep showing up.


Thanks in advance.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query