Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Harrasment for money

Dear all,

Need your help in getting a suggestion.

There is a money lender in my area who charge 10% interest rate. One of my friend who took money from him for a business. What ever money he has taken by keeping me as a surity he returned it  with the said interest and within the timeline. Thereafter he started giving the money by himself without approaching me. I was not aware of that because he was not my close friend. 

He didnt returned the money and this lender started asking me for his address and starting calling me for his detail which i dont have. Now it became a harrasement for me even though i am no were related to this

(BEFORE GIVING THE MONEY I CLEARLY TOLD THE LENDER NOT TO GIVE THE MONEY BUT HE GAVE IT BY KEEPING HIS VEHICLE AS SURITY)

Regards,

Learning

3 Replies

Jayashree Hariharan (Advocate)     19 November 2014

can understand your worry. hope there was previously written agreement for the loan or atleast some sort of a voucher, and hopefully you signed as a surety. if you have the paper please see the contents of the agreement. hope it is not that of a continuous loan. In that case, you will be at a loss. If you have not signed for the previous or there is no agreement, in that case you can easily say that you dont know who the loan taker is, since he is not your close friend.

if you have signed then see the contents (as said above). In that case also, you will not have any probelm if it not that of a continuous loan. you can say that you are not aware of the subsequent loans. and also because you didnt sign anywhere you are not responsible.

(Guest)

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your valuable time in writing to me.

I have not signed on any paper about this agreement. The person who gave the money is a money lender and he was expecting his business to grow. I even told that person not to give the money to him and i dont have any confidence in getting that back. This discussion happened for Rs.30000/- and he returned that amount to lender.

There after i was not at all available any where in the picture and now when he is not getting his money he started to harras me for his address and contact details which i dont have. I dont have any information about the person who took the money.

Regards,

Lal K George

M.R.K.PRASAD-Advocate (SELF)     22 November 2014

Dear, 

You have not mentioned whether you have signed as surety in a promissory note or any deed.  If so it is your fault to take back the note after the payment  made and loan had cleared.  As the loan is cleared you can give notice to the lender to return the documents immediately.  It is not your liability to grant loan again and again.  And it is not your issue whether he has taken vehicle as surety ..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register