Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harrasment by icici banks recovery agents

Page no : 3

Hema (Admin Asst.)     23 December 2013

Thank you Kumar Sir,

i m poor and present jobless and i cant efford expensive handset.i can not down recovery agents phone numbers.

I m mentaly disturb and goin in depression,i want to file a case on recovery agent.

i ll follow ur guidance



nithin (g)     11 March 2014

Sir/Mam, My Father had got a personal loan in Kotak mahindra bank around 5 years back for the business. and he left 11 emi to be upaid around 1lac For past 1 year, every month at-least 2 times they are coming and shouting in my residence and discussing to my colleagues that i have got loan and i'm not responding, so i'm very much upset because of their harassments, and using all the filthy language. I don't know why they are tracking me, they have my total history, im asking who are them to track my status, i did not get the loan. presently 2 months back, daily they calling me, i told them, speak to my father, not to me. now they are calling to my office colleagues and then telling all the bullsh*t stories, More importantly they are telling to my reporting manger and HR, that i have got the loan and absconded, now all of them seeing me in different way in my office. They are doing all illegal activities, knocking door , by telling gas n courier. Now they are blackmailing and harassing stating they drafted a mail to my manager and my sr manager and my management and they will be sending this (its my fathers matter and company had nothing to do ) im getting calls from 9003038550, 04445508532,04445508543,04466611800,04466707612,04466707614 I am not able to focus my professional life. I really need this to address my grievance.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 March 2014

If you are not Co borrower, joint applicant, Guarantor then you are not liable to pay in the life time of your father.

If you inherit any estate then estate of the borrower is liable to pay to that extent.

As discussed in detail in this thread you may record (audio/visual) the nuisance being created by the recover agents, lodge a police complaint and issue a notice to the MD of the bank with a copy to Dy. Governor, Governor of RBI.


You have to handle the recovery agents with firm hands to stop the nuisance.

nithin (g)     17 March 2014

thanks sir

arun (rep)     17 March 2014

Hi Sir,got personal loan in icici bank, paid around 18 emis out of 36, due to recession and issues not abel to pay almost 3 years, changed my home, without noticing bank, now dsa started harrising, kindly let me know how to proceed. is there will be any problem of home change without noticing bank.

arun (rep)     17 March 2014

now im in low salary, how to opt fr low settlement, since change of home, kindly advice on steps to proceed n get rid of this depression. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 March 2014


Your lawyer may opine that after 3years the debt may be time barred. The DSA is probably trying to get an admission of debt from you to counter time barred limitation.

IN case it is time barred then you have leverage to negotiate and may retain upper hand.

Do not give any admission on recorded calls or in writing.


Get in touch with your lawyer.

arun (rep)     18 March 2014


Kindly give me some detailed guidance.

Today also they came with 4 people, first they told they came with court order no, then one person introduced himself as lawyer, i asked for cards, they did not give, they given details in white paper one persons name n number and showed some papers regarding seezing home appliance from home, they mentioned some term for that, they has given 2 days time, 

now im in low salary, how to opt fr low settlement, since change of home, kindly advice on steps to proceed n get rid of this depression. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 March 2014

Did you record (audio/Visual) the meeting/visits?

Do you have any witness/

Were they actually carrying any order from court of law? If NO and if you have recorded then they can be in trouble, and their act may amount to criminal intimidation?

They are trying to recover the debt and extract an admission of debt from you and hence all this DRAMA.

Personal Loan is not a secure loan. If 3 year from last payment etc are over then the debt is time barred and recovery can not be enforced.

Any offer of low settlement by you in writing would be admission of debt and it may set in new limitation…………………..

Enough has been discussed in this thread.


 You may continue to write in this thread as long as you want………………………………but it shall not be a solution for your problems as you need to Act and you should preferably meet a lawyer in person.

SUBIR DAS ROY (field supervisor)     29 March 2014


Respected Sir/Mam,


First of all I would like to inform all the members that i m grateful, that i came to know that such kind of site exists. I m happy to know that.

Now I would like to share my problem with all of my dear members,

I was working with top most security kolkata and was having 15000 salary per month, I have taken stpl loan and 2 credit card from ICICI bank. During my illness I spent all money and also swipe out my both card.

During the working period I was paid very few EMI and my credit cards payment.

We were living in our own house and after any unwanted incident; we need to vacant the house as per some family problem. Now we are homeless and living on a rental basis.

In recession I lost my job and now I m working here and there in small company with very lower salary that is 8000.

I was running through some personal loans and due to no cash inflow i was not able to pay the money to ICICI bank.

Several times I received calls from there department which was a threatening type call and then after 2 days there were 4 people who visited my father .He is a retired person and have no way to pay my debts. they misbehaved with my father and have hot speeches. They also demand to fire him from his house.

They also called me to my native place and abused very bad language and threaten to capture the property.

Again they visited my old office and abuse my boss and his Asst. and my staff, they called couple of  times at my office place and used abusive languages to my ex-colleague.

Now what should I do ? Help me out in it. As, now I am not in the position to pay them a single penny but I have a zeel to pay them max to max Rs. 1000 per month.Please help me out with the further proceedings.


Thanks and Regards


Subir Das Roy

ADVOCATE Prem Joshi (Advocate/ Legal Consultant)     20 November 2014

Hi kumar....kindly provide me this judgment

percy umapathy (audit asst)     30 March 2015

DEAR  All,

I am PERCY UMAPATHY  I had taken a credit card in the year 2009 then swiped the card had taken some article then later i could not pay the amount due to some reason  but these people had come to my office and my ex boss paid a sum of Rs 6000 /- to them and in front of those people cut the card in two pieces since then i am not using the card and since last week the recovery dept people are telling me to pay the amount of 38834 /- from where to get because i just earn 9000/- per month and on the 28th of March these
 people called my mother for the same reason . i am really upset and will not pay them a single money.They have taken  a cheque also.



Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 March 2015

@Percy, You may claim that on your office the authorized representative (or recovery agent ......whosoever it was) claimed total outstanding as Rs.6000/- and it was paid in total in cash,and card was ordered to be cancelled on the spot and as per instructions of the representative card was cut in pieces in his presence. If CC company claims no amount was deposited or less amount was deposited or Rs.6000/ was not final amount you may lodge complaint against representative, his manager (employee of the bank/CC Company) ,MD........thru your lawyer with police, CC Company, and with DCDRF..... The procedure is explained in detail in this thread. Learn from your experience to handle such matters with due care in future. If you have last statement showing balance of Rs.6000/, and receipt of Rs.6000/ , and no dues,cancellation of card receipt then you may submit it. If you can't handle on your own entrust to your lawyer.

Mahendra Kadam   12 January 2016

dear sir,

my name is mahendra kadam from mumbai, few year ago my mother has taken loan from icici bank and she promise to pay the emi, but due to family conflict i dont stay with my parent. after 8 year the ICICI banker from recovery department Mr Mahendrakar is haressing me to make payment, i do not earn so much also working with private firm, due to the recovery people bad words and harsh behviour i am very worry. please guide me


mahendra kadam.  

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 January 2016

@ mahendra kadam,


This thread explains in detail all the steps that you can take.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query